Few week old Blue Bar Ambilobe Panthers!

BbyK4y

I recently got two unsexed baby blue bar ambilobe panther chameleons. I was hoping for a male thats how I ended up with two of them. I read how to sex them by the beginning of their tail but I just can't tell.

I haven't had luck with a female chameleon in the past, she became egg bound and after vet visits later died. If I had male and female that is fine but I want at least one to hopefully be a male.

Let me know your opinions / help! Thanks!

The first two photos are one baby and last photo is the second baby.

Attachments

• securedownload-4.jpg
    securedownload-4.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 241
  • securedownload-6.jpg
    securedownload-6.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 253
  • securedownload-7.jpg
    securedownload-7.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 232
Can you get better shots of them on like a stick with their tail sticking straight out, a little more zoomed in too? Those pics are pretty far away from the chameleon and not the best angles.

a4a5493743ce012f9a0c55f967ada0ea.jpg
e766d0835048a79d3b89fec14168c082.jpg

Well I hope these ones show. I really wanted a male but it was so hard to tell at this age. I tried to get the two that looked the most different. I read how to tell by the base of the tail but I want other opinions.

These are hard. It is easier to do it right out of the egg than it is a month later sometimes.

I would say the first is a female and the second has a chance of being a male but I'm not sold on that yet. Give them another few weeks and it should start being more obvious if you have a male or not.

I'd say ;

1. Iffy - not the best angle. Can you get a pic like the 2nd babies with tail straight out?

2. I'd say 99% Female. While it isn't an obvious "dip" at the vent, I can still see it.

Well this morning I noticed they were both puffed out and mad looking towards each other and both of their neck area was bright red and then when I separated them and they called down they had hints of blue. Could it be possible they're both males?

Back
Top Bottom