fertile eggs?

jetski968

Just recently got a veiled chameleon. apparently she was gravid when I bought her from the local reptile show. I unfortunately do not know anything about where the she was kept prior to me getting her. Any way to really tell if the eggs are fertile or not?

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 252
They're very yellow...likely not good....but.....what substrate were they laid in? I wouldn't throw them out until I was sure. Put the container somewhere dark and at about 74F

They're very yellow...likely not good....but.....what substrate were they laid in? I wouldn't throw them out until I was sure. Put the container somewhere dark and at about 74F

They were laid in a mix of coco fiber sand and some peat moss. Im asuming they are most likely not but. Just kinda hopeing lol.

Just recently got a veiled chameleon. apparently she was gravid when I bought her from the local reptile show. I unfortunately do not know anything about where the she was kept prior to me getting her. Any way to really tell if the eggs are fertile or not?
How is the female? I recently went to a reptile expo, and I saw an EXTREMELY gravid Veiled. She had eggs obviously visible in her belly. She was housed with another female, and I was very sad that she was so close to her end of gestation where she would have laid them and in such a high traffic area, poor thing kept puffing up every time someone passed by and was very stressed every time somebody stuck their nose up to the enclosure and started speaking loudly how cool her colors where (she was extremely stressed and gravid). No wonder there are so many impulse purchases.

How is the female? I recently went to a reptile expo, and I saw an EXTREMELY gravid Veiled. She had eggs obviously visible in her belly. She was housed with another female, and I was very sad that she was so close to her end of gestation where she would have laid them and in such a high traffic area, poor thing kept puffing up every time someone passed by and was very stressed every time somebody stuck their nose up to the enclosure and started speaking loudly how cool her colors where (she was extremely stressed and gravid). No wonder there are so many impulse purchases.

She is doing very well. Looking very healthy and happy as much as she can be. Eats regularly, I don’t see her drink that’s the only thing but looks hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom