female veiled

ellacham

hi, i have a healthy female veiled chameleon. i’ve had her for a year, since september 2019, although i’m not certain of her exact age.. but i do have a question/concern. the whole time i’ve had her she has never laid eggs, she does have a lay bin but she’s not/hasn’t ever been gravid. is that uncommon or something i should be concerned about ? i know all chameleons are different.

Hi. Can you post some pics of her?
this is the most current, i can take some more of her when she wakes up.
5C083FD6-9216-4563-BABA-1B51BF7D0FDD.jpeg

@AmandaS Do females have to show blue and yellow to be receptive?
Honestly i've seen different colors for different chameleons. In some cases it is blue and yelow and/or black, sometimes just black markings, and in other cases like my female veiled is constantly green with yellow and blue markings so she just gets fatter and darker when shes laying. It depends on the chameleon but usually isnt hard to tell. Other signs besides colors that i've seen in my female is fatter, moodier, and refusal to eat.

While their colors are different when asleep vs awake, I’m not really seeing any receptive nor gravid colors. She does have some teal, but it’s not pronounced enough to really say for sure that she’s receptive. Has she had any periods of restlessly roaming her enclosure for several consecutive days? Has she been spending any time near or at the bottom of her enclosure? Any digging in her plants? I suppose it’s possible that she could be infertile, but really have no true idea about it. Perhaps @kinyonga or @jannb may know.
I do know from the puffing of her casque that she does look a bit overweight. How much and how often are you feeding her?

While their colors are different when asleep vs awake, I’m not really seeing any receptive nor gravid colors. She does have some teal, but it’s not pronounced enough to really say for sure that she’s receptive. Has she had any periods of restlessly roaming her enclosure for several consecutive days? Has she been spending any time near or at the bottom of her enclosure? Any digging in her plants? I suppose it’s possible that she could be infertile, but really have no true idea about it. Perhaps @kinyonga or @jannb may know.
I do know from the puffing of her casque that she does look a bit overweight. How much and how often are you feeding her?
just posted a new picture, although i made her mad right before by taking crickets out of her cage. she hasn’t restlessly roamed. she stays up higher unless she is going to chase dubias.

I also have a veiled chameleon. I’ve had a laying bin in her cage for like four months thinking she was going to lay eggs any day. She hasn’t laid any eggs but still seems very healthy, she’s about a year old too.

I also have a veiled chameleon. I’ve had a laying bin in her cage for like four months thinking she was going to lay eggs any day. She hasn’t laid any eggs but still seems very healthy, she’s about a year old too.
me too! i always have her lay bin ready but she never lays.

As @MissSkittles said she is overweight judging by the casque. This can cause real problems with egg production and laying in females. How much and how often do you feed?

Has she ever shown bright colouration or been very restless with you at all? She may just be a late bloomer. She needs to go through a receptive phase before eggs are produced.

As @MissSkittles said she is overweight judging by the casque. This can cause real problems with egg production and laying in females. How much and how often do you feed?

Has she ever shown bright colouration or been very restless with you at all? She may just be a late bloomer. She needs to go through a receptive phase before eggs are produced.
yes, i saw her concern but the vet said she’s not overweight. i think it might be the pictures. she hasn’t shown any bright coloration on than a little blue/teal on her head but that’s all. i’m just confused cause my first chameleon had a bunch of colors and actually laid pretty early.

Back
Top Bottom