Female veiled chameleon eggs?!?

Plain duck

Hey guys I have a female veiled cham and she’s just over a year old I know that they lay eggs and I’ve had a laying bin in her cage for quite some time now, I’m wondering how big the bin actually has to be and if you guys think she could lay eggs soon, from what I’ve read it’s around when they are a year old. thank you guys in advance I want to make sure I’m doing this right if you guys have any links to info or tips I’d really appreciate it :)

Hey guys I have a female veiled cham and she’s just over a year old I know that they lay eggs and I’ve had a laying bin in her cage for quite some time now, I’m wondering how big the bin actually has to be and if you guys think she could lay eggs soon, from what I’ve read it’s around when they are a year old. thank you guys in advance I want to make sure I’m doing this right if you guys have any links to info or tips I’d really appreciate it :)
Also is there any signs I can look for to see that she’s ready to lay her eggs I know a little bit but I really want to be prepared

Here is some lay bin info.

5678992E-C4E6-42FF-BEA7-60CDBD1FAD57.jpeg

She will have gravid colors which can be pretty drastic from their normal colors.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/stunning-stella.53708/

Depending on the size of her clutch she may get a little rotund.

For what it's worth, I had my girl a well setup lay bin and the first two times she layed was in a potted plant on the side of the enclosure.

Third time was in the bin, which for me was a large terracotta pot. She dug all the way towards the bottom. I think they prefer to lay up against something hard, like a root ball or deep hard dirt / clay.

For what it's worth, I had my girl a well setup lay bin and the first two times she layed was in a potted plant on the side of the enclosure.

Third time was in the bin, which for me was a large terracotta pot. She dug all the way towards the bottom. I think they prefer to lay up against something hard, like a root ball or deep hard dirt / clay.
Thank you I have a stick beside the bin but didn’t think to add it into the bin itself I will do that tonight thank you again

Hi! The information that other members have provided above is awesome. I happen to have a female chameleon that is is over a year old and a few months. She has not laid yet. I do have a lay bin for her. I'd say it differs depending on the chameleon. Just make sure that her basking temps, feeding, and lay bin are correct. 😃

Hi! The information that other members have provided above is awesome. I happen to have a female chameleon that is is over a year old and a few months. She has not laid yet. I do have a lay bin for her. I'd say it differs depending on the chameleon. Just make sure that her basking temps, feeding, and lay bin are correct. 😃
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom