Female veild questions

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hello everyone, I recently found out the "male veiled chameleon" I got about 2 1/2 months ago is a girl. (Wow it went fast!) I have some questions.
1. I have seen a lot of different answers to the question "what age can a female veiled become gravid?" Is there a good answer to this ?

2. Can anyone tell about what age my Cham is? I know females are smaller but I don't how much. I can try to measure her or my hand in the picture if it helps.

I don't want to end up with a gravid Cham and not even think it is a possibility yet. (She is very puffed up in the pictures.)

Pop-Tarts about 7 months old and about that size. He was little for his age so I'd guess about the same age for her.

Yes I would say 7-8 months old. They can easily get pregnant at that time. Keep your temps at 85 degrees for basking range and reduce the amount you are feeding her. That way her clutches are smaller. The only time you increase feedings is when they are gravid (I am pretty sure on this but wait for someone else to correct me if need be), and absolutely sure on this, right after laying. Make sure after laying she gets plenty of food for about a week and lots to drink. She will be depleted for a while.

Yeah this weekend im building a laying bin since our cage bottom can pop out, i was thinking on building a cage "extension" if you will for when the time comes. same dimension as what we have now just 1 ft higher just for her bin. Have to be ready for when that time comes and since this is my first female i want to be ready

1. I have seen a lot of different answers to the question "what age can a female veiled become gravid?" Is there a good answer to this ?

2. Can anyone tell about what age my Cham is? I know females are smaller but I don't how much. I can try to measure her or my hand in the picture if it helps.

I don't want to end up with a gravid Cham and not even think it is a possibility yet. (She is very puffed up in the pictures.)
1)They can easily get gravid around 5-6month old depending on their development
2)She is around 6 1/2to 7 1/2 month old,judge by her looks.
Regardless mating or not mating with a veiled male,she will produce eggs on her own,so I will highly recommend to set up a laying bin asap so she wont be having a egg laying problem.

Back
Top Bottom