Female showing receptive colors at 9 months

zCrown

Hello so my female recently seen my male she is about 9 month old any advice is appreciated , should I wait till she’s older or let them breed at that age ? Here a pics of her when shown the male she is more salmon color but looks a bit lighter on camera

Attachments

• 3CC28219-D97F-48E6-A55E-3E291DAA3CB6.jpeg
    3CC28219-D97F-48E6-A55E-3E291DAA3CB6.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 26644377-A92A-4C84-84CC-5DAF8EBE56D7.jpeg
    26644377-A92A-4C84-84CC-5DAF8EBE56D7.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 84
Hi. :) Honestly, I know nothing about breeding. Has your lady laid any infertile eggs yet? I would think that she should lay at least once before trying to breed, but I may be wrong. @kinyonga or @jannb would be the ones who can answer this question.

Hi. :) Honestly, I know nothing about breeding. Has your lady laid any infertile eggs yet? I would think that she should lay at least once before trying to breed, but I may be wrong. @kinyonga or @jannb would be the ones who can answer this question.
She has not laid any yet but shes showing receptive colors constantly , I’ve talked to local breeders and they said to go for it as it’s better to get a fertile clutch rather then not. So I’m just trying to get some more info from other sources .

She has not laid any yet but shes showing receptive colors constantly , I’ve talked to local breeders and they said to go for it as it’s better to get a fertile clutch rather then not. So I’m just trying to get some more info from other sources .
The members I tagged are very experienced in breeding (as well as everything else) and I’d go by their recommendations.

So she seen my male as I was doing some cages changing , and she eats roughly about 8-15 crickets a day basking is 82-88 throughout the day . And I had a female that’s 10 months that laid a infertile clutch 2 weeks ago

Having shown her to the male you may have started her into egg production already. Sometimes it happens.

She's younger than I'd like to see her be producing if she were mine.

How much are you feeding her per week right now?
Oops didn’t hit reply , I posted above

At that age she should be fed every 2 or 3 days, not every day. You also need to decrease the number of insects per feeding to 4 or 5 large crickets or other insects of equal calorie value.

How many eggs did the other one lay and did she do it like she was supposed to....dig a hole, lay the eggs in the hole, fill the hole and return to the branches? Were the eggs infertile?

How many eggs did the other one lay and did she do it like she was supposed to....dig a hole, lay the eggs in the hole, fill the hole and return to the branches? Were the eggs infertile?
Hmm alright sounds good I thought it was the year when you start the very other day etc , and that I’m not 100% sure I got her from a breeder a couple days ago and he told me she laid 2 weeks ago and was infertile she laid them successfully by digging etc

Sorry...I assumed you raised both of them...

I usually like to let my females lay an infertile clutch first and then breed them. I also would feed mine less as they were getting near the time that they would be receptive which would help them lay a smaller clutch...and make sure that they didn't see a male. I also keep the basking temperature at 80F.

Did you get them from the same breeder?

Sorry...I assumed you raised both of them...

I usually like to let my females lay an infertile clutch first and then breed them. I also would feed mine less as they were getting near the time that they would be receptive which would help them lay a smaller clutch...and make sure that they didn't see a male. I also keep the basking temperature at 80F.

Did you get them from the same breeder?
Yes those are from the same breeder but not the same parents at all, and thank you I will let her lay her first clutch before breeding her .

Did the breeder let them lay fertile clutches for the first clutch?
One hasn’t laid with him as I got her when she was 7 months and the other one did lay a clutch with him but he believes she might of seen a male that trigger her from laying never been breed before

Back
Top Bottom