female panther ?

josh payette

I put my two panther together a few times to get them to breed. Every time I came back to the room they were in the same spot or further away from each other. Now she wont eat and only sits under the heat light. Is she pregnant or sick?

Does she gape or hiss and turn black at your male? Or is she still q nice peachy tanish color while in the presence of the male?

she usually stays pink accept the last time a week ago. That time she hissed and ran away. now she wont eat and only sits under the heat lamp.

After a male and female panther mate. Theres that awkward stage where they both just sit in one place, looking at eachother. It's quite awkward.

she usually stays pink accept the last time a week ago. That time she hissed and ran away. now she wont eat and only sits under the heat lamp.

They arent like humans who will breed any time day or night. They have to be "in the mood"

how long has she not been eating?

If she doesnt want to breed, stop stressing her. Wait until she is receptive. Show her the male, see how she reacts before putting them together. If she is pink peachy pale coloured, she may be receptive. If she hisses, gapes, or gets dark bars, do not put them together. After they mate, be sure separate them. You'll know if she is gravid by her colouration, plus she will get "fat"

Are you keeping the two of them in the same cage all the time?
How old are they?
Does she have a suitable place in the cage to dig to lay the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom