Female Laying Eggs

Walter2016

In need of help. My boyfriend and I purchased our Male chameleon almost a year ago, and tonight we looked in her cage and she started laying eggs. So obviously it's not a male like the petstore told us. We didn't have anything at the bottom of her screened in cage so the eggs are just out in the open at the bottom. She's the only chameleon we have and she laid about 20-30 eggs. What should we do with the eggs, should we get something for the bottom of the cage?

If she wasn't with a male in the last month nor so they should be infertile so there's no point keeping them. Please post a photo of them though. The problem is did she lay them all or not. If you can put an opaque container of washed playsand right now and dig a hole for her if she has any more eggs she might lay them. Did she see you when she was in the middle of laying the eggs?

Yes! Get a laying bin in there for her atleast 12 inches deep. The bigger the better. Ummm I mean it sounds like to me she Kaye's her whole clutch but I don't have any experience on this so don't take my word for that! I'd wait for more experienced people to chim in but I can for sure say get a laying bin in there asap just in case she is not done. Also as for what to do with the eggs if you are sure she has never been mated with a male then I would say it's safe to discard them.

These are all the eggs she laid

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 43
Now we put her in a bucket with sand, how long should we leave her there? And I'm worried about her eating and drinking because she hasn't in awhile.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 43
Don't let her see you watching her when she's digging.
Don't disturb her any more than necessary. You can just the sides of the pail lightly so she can drink.
In suggested that you dig a hole for her...I don't see one.

Back
Top Bottom