Female is coming over )))

Hi guys! So my Winston (veiled cham) is getting married tomorrow, girl's owner will leave her at my place for a day. Anything i should know or prepare for them to feel more comfortable? )))

Hi guys! So my Winston (veiled cham) is getting married tomorrow, girl's owner will leave her at my place for a day. Anything i should know or prepare for them to feel more comfortable? )))
Only for a day? I mean, you can not put them in the same cage. You need to have them separate or else they’ll freak out. Use something like a towel to cover up the cage..

Only for a day? I mean, you can not put them in the same cage. You need to have them separate or else they’ll freak out. Use something like a towel to cover up the cage..
I believe they are planning on trying to breed them hence the "getting Married" comment. This is the only time you put a male and female together in the same enclosure.

I believe they are planning on trying to breed them hence the "getting Married" comment. This is the only time you put a male and female together in the same enclosure.
Yep, the owner of female wants to start breeding veiled chams and i have a male, he'll bring her only so they can mate. Is one day enough? Cos I've read that males are like always ready to mate and as i understood from the female's owner she is receptive now.
Well my main worry is that she won't harm my guy lol ))

You should really do some research before you pair them. I understand that this may be part of that research however get as much info as you can, Google, YouTube, and do a search on this forum.
Females need to show receptive colors. I breed Panthers, when the females stop showing interest I take them out of the males enclosure, sometimes only an hour after introduction. I let the male lock up twice, again as long as the female is receptive.
Just a few tips for you. I'm sure veiled are similar but start do some research on it.

Just watch their color and body language. Your guy might even do a dance for her. Introduce him while he's inside the cage and she's outside the cage first to see what colors show up and if she's down to go in.
Thanks for the tip! Yep I've read that when female is receptive she is in calm colours and isn't gapping or anything.
Definitely will take it slowly, since my cham never saw another creature like himself in his life ))) but he's a calm guy, used to hands and all, unless there's some wild instincts kick in everything should go smoothly i guess ))

Quick update: there's my lovebirds :D well, first of all i didn't expect her to be soo small, my Winston is like 3 times bigger :D as soon as he saw her he went forward, but she managed to get under the branch or something so he couldn't do anything, and then at some point she bit him and he lost all interest in a second! :D now she sits there with her calm green and he doesn't even look at her :D should i leave her in the cage for the night or better get her some place else?

Attachments

• IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 126
Quick update: there's my lovebirds :D well, first of all i didn't expect her to be soo small, my Winston is like 3 times bigger :D as soon as he saw her he went forward, but she managed to get under the branch or something so he couldn't do anything, and then at some point she bit him and he lost all interest in a second! :D now she sits there with her calm green and he doesn't even look at her :D should i leave her in the cage for the night or better get her some place else?
I would take her out just in case

yep, probably that would be better. it's almost 6 pm here and my guy goes to sleep at 7, so they have 1 hour to reconsider )) then will take her out and try again tomorrow morning

Back
Top Bottom