Female is coming over )))

haha yeah Winston's always in the spotlight :D i mean just look at him, what does she need more?! he's perfect :D :D well let's give her one more chance, maybe she'll come around :D

Did or dose she have any blue dots on her? That is how to look now if she is receptive
Not quite dots, more like blue hue along the spine and sides along with some pale yellowish stripes. She's still with me, i guess her owner wants them to mate real bad :D but still nothing happend, though the most interesting part is that they are both really calm, they sat whole day in one cage side by side. In the morning he danced in front of her twice, but she gaped again, though her color stayed unchanged. Then he went back from his bright color to everyday one and they just continued to sit like that. I took her in my hand and she wasn't aggressive, then i took Winston out of the cage too, he also strangely calm, not stressed or anything. And i just let them enjoy a free range (Winston goes out for walk every day). And now they sit on a ficus tree near the window, close and calm,but nothing's happening..

Adding some pics of her, is she receptive?

Attachments

• IMG_20190317_183606.jpg
    IMG_20190317_183606.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20190317_183433.jpg
    IMG_20190317_183433.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 95
Granted I don't know much about breeding but she does not seem to be showing receptive coloring.... As JoXie said it is normally more pronounced. I have read where it can be more subtle but I dunno. Look at this link there is an image of a receptive female. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
Has the female's owner read up on breeding, incubating, and raising babies?

Granted I don't know much about breeding but she does not seem to be showing receptive coloring.... As JoXie said it is normally more pronounced. I have read where it can be more subtle but I dunno. Look at this link there is an image of a receptive female. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
Has the female's owner read up on breeding, incubating, and raising babies?
Yeah her colours are not that vivid as in the pic you've linked..
Well, he's raising little chams that he buys and resells, but that's first attempt of breeding i think.. in fact i bought my cham from that guy.
So this female was never mated and i think i read somewhere that they become receptive every 10-15 days, is that correct? I mean should i wait a bit more?

Well, he's raising little chams that he buys and resells, but that's first attempt of breeding i think.. in fact i bought my cham from that guy.
So this female was never mated and i think i read somewhere that they become receptive every 10-15 days, is that correct? I mean should i wait a bit more?
hmmm I don't think they are receptive that often but I am not sure. I know they are able to lay a few clutches a year and that they can lay anywhere between 30-90 eggs.
In the book I have it says... that if a female is not receptive she'll either try to run away, gape, or both. She may also change to a very dark color. If you see any of these signs she should be removed immediately otherwise she could get injured.
If she is receptive it says she'll walk slowly away and seemingly ignore the male but after some running around copulation will eventually take place. This can take around 5 minutes to a half hour.

So I am going to go with the fact that she is not ready yet since she is gapping at him. I would be concerned with the stress that this is causing both of them. Especially if she is not ready. I think maybe a little more research should be done. They can get injured if mating is not done correctly. :(

I’ve never heard of this as well. I’ve read it happens 1 to 3 times a year. This was my female when receptive back in January. Hope that helps

Attachments

• 7B28C649-B890-4724-87AB-8F4E38C52728.jpeg
    7B28C649-B890-4724-87AB-8F4E38C52728.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 120
hmmm I don't think they are receptive that often but I am not sure. I know they are able to lay a few clutches a year and that they can lay anywhere between 30-90 eggs.
In the book I have it says... that if a female is not receptive she'll either try to run away, gape, or both. She may also change to a very dark color. If you see any of these signs she should be removed immediately otherwise she could get injured.
If she is receptive it says she'll walk slowly away and seemingly ignore the male but after some running around copulation will eventually take place. This can take around 5 minutes to a half hour.

So I am going to go with the fact that she is not ready yet since she is gapping at him. I would be concerned with the stress that this is causing both of them. Especially if she is not ready. I think maybe a little more research should be done. They can get injured if mating is not done correctly. :(
Yeah probably that's the case.. it's just confused me that they act calm when sitting side by side and she gapes only when his colour gets more vivid, otherwise at some point she even climbed on him to get to the branch she wanted and there was no reaction from him whatsoever ))) well, tomorrow her owner is taking her back so maybe next time something happens ))

Back
Top Bottom