Female ambanja not eating.

dirrtybirdy

Cage Info:

* Cage Type -Free Range
* Lighting -36in reptisun 5.0 / during the day she sun baths
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity -70%, Digital hydrometer
* Plants - Hibiscus/dead orange tree branch
* Placement -
* Location - Los angeles, CA

Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - female Ambanja, about a year old
* Handling - to take her outside to sun bath and back inside
* Feeding - crickets, dubias, superworms. Gut load with fresh organic greens and dubia feed.
* Supplements - mulitvitiamin, calcium, dont remember the other one. once a week
* Watering - spray bottle
* Fecal Description - never been tested. Looks watery
* History -had an eye infection, but was treated a few months back. She just layed a clutch of eggs 3 weeks ago(believe to be infertile)
* Current Problem - Not eating.

Hi guys,

I know the description is pretty vague, but im at work right now and dont have all the information on hand.

Well prior to my female laying eggs, she stopped eating 2-3 days. the day after she laid her eggs i was trying to feed her and she ate 2-3 crickets. I dusted them with calcium and what not and since then, she has been eating very minimal. The last 4-6 days she hasnt eating a thing. She usually eats like a monster. She is drinking and she does drink alot, but shes not eating though.

Ive tried to change it up every day but she wont eat anything.

Is it possible she may have some eggs still in her? Have you felt for any? Silkworms are like chocolate for a female cham try those.

-Clemonde

she laid 11 eggs. It doesnt look like she has any. She got pretty small, but it looks like shes getting big again.

Prior to the her laying eggs before, she did not stop eating right up until laid eggs. Im just worried cause she hasnt really been eating and when i handle her to take her outside, she is getting weak.

11 doesn't sound like enough. It might be time for a vet visit. You have two really great chameleon vets in your area:

Dr. Tom Greek
23687 Via Del Rio
Yorba Linda, CA 92887
714-463-1190 or 866-940-7028

Dr. Geoff Stein
(Dr. Shipp's Animal Hospital)
351 N. Foothill Rd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310-550-0101

Ive been to Dr. Geoff's Office and it seemed like he just wanted me in and out. Yorba Linda is a little too far from me. Maybe Ill pay Dr. Geoff another visit in a couple days.

her health is deteriorating. Im taking her into Dr. Stein's office right now. Wish me luck. I hope she can make it

Back
Top Bottom