female adult

I have a female adult veiled chameleon and I feed her about 7 or 8 medium dubia roaches every other day or every two days, with a few treats in between. What feeder are you using?

Since goliath worms/hornworms do not have a whole lot of nutrients, do not make them a staple feeder. You can mix crickets and dubias together for one feeding, or you could alternate. For crickets, when feeding only crickets, I want to say about 8-10, but if they are large then probably 8. For dubias, same amount, but a little bit smaller, probably 6-8 for every feeding.

I only ask because yesterday I gave her 4 worms and then she ate 7 crickets I just wanted to know if that was to much for her

I only ask because yesterday I gave her 4 worms and then she ate 7 crickets I just wanted to know if that was to much for her

That’s way to much food. Worms are fattening so I would only give one as a treat a couple times a month. I feed all my adults 3 times a week and my girls get 3 to 4 small to medium feeders such as, 4 - 1/2 inch crickets or 3 - 3/4 inch roaches or 2- crickets and a small worm. My girls also like greens such as turnip, collards and kale. I use a clothespin and hang it on their branches.

Back
Top Bottom