Fell Off Branch

Vermilk

Saturday night I turned the lights out for my chameleon. After a few minutes, I walked by his cage only to hear him fall from one of the top branches. He fell about 1.5 feet to the bottom of the cage. When I turned on the lights he was scared to death. He puffed up and would not let me close to him. He even ran across the floor of the cage. I've never seen him move that fast.

Two days later and everything seems fine. I think I must have startled him in his sleep when I walked by and he lost his grip. Anyone else ever experienced such an event?

Yeah my raizo fell off my shoulder once when i was walking and almost gave me a hard attack, and falls from his branches in his cage from time to time, but i always check him to see if hes alright which he is and i think hes used to it now cause hes never startled by it he just climbs back up his branch like nothing happened lol

On some occasions they do fall. if they do it more than once, then I would be concerned. Just keep an eye on him.

Yeah my raizo fell off my shoulder once when i was walking and almost gave me a hard attack, and falls from his branches in his cage from time to time, but i always check him to see if hes alright which he is and i think hes used to it now cause hes never startled by it he just climbs back up his branch like nothing happened lol

LOL, I'm new to the Cham keeping and never dreamed it could happen. I've seen Ozzy leaning on a branch while holding on to another while asleep, but never anything close to falling. I think I was as scared as he was. Thought he might have broke something.

LOL, I'm new to the Cham keeping and never dreamed it could happen. I've seen Ozzy leaning on a branch while holding on to another while asleep, but never anything close to falling. I think I was as scared as he was. Thought he might have broke something.
Yeah its pretty scary but always check him if he does fal,l and make sure hes alright and if he seems alright and looks alright your fine :)

I have a tree in my backyard that is about 15 feet tall. I let my guys roam in it in the summer when it is warm. I put a female in there on day, she ran right to the top. Went inside grabbed a male and put him at the bottom. As he made his way up she caught a glimps of him and threw herself from the top right to the ground then tried running away. That was 15 feet and it didnt even bother her one bit. They throw themselves from branches all the time in the wild to escape predators and/or horney males out for some tail.:p

Yeah, I know how that feels. Must be the same way for a cham. You remember those days in class when you fall asleep at your desk and wake up all fast because it feels like your falling...lol.

Thanks everyone for the info. Glad to hear that it is somewhat normal. However; I hope it doesn't happen again!

sorry to resurrect a 5 month old thread but my graceful just fell out of his hibiscus 5 minutes after lights out.

I think he's okay. He fell onto his pothos vines that are protecting the rocks at the top of the hibiscus pot.

I'm worried but I guess it's not impossible that they just fall. Maybe an uneaten cricket bit him??

Back
Top Bottom