Feeding?

Meximeleon

Hey everyone, I was wondering when should i start feeding my female jacksons chameleon every other day.....she is about seven months old and around 6 1/2 inches long or should I already have started feeding her every other day? thanks everyone in advance.

Mexi,
You dont have to necessarily feed evry other day. You can feed more on mon, wed, fri, sun. Then on odd days feed her a couple of hand fed treats such as horns or silks, etc... Shes not an egg layer and unless you breed her she wont produce large clutches of eggs or babies. You dont want to overfeed her but with live bearing females you dont have to control food intake as closely. unless you want to breed her. That is just my understanding and my own exp w/jacksons.

Is she overweight? If she isn't in my honest opinion I would continue feeding her cricket staple every day and maybe treats a couple times a week.

I have a male Jackson's. He used to eat 4 or more crickets a day until he reached around 9-10mos and then he has gone down to around 2-3 crickets a day on his own and sometimes he'll skip a day. Probably once your female hits a certain age she'll start to cut back on her own but until then I would keep feeding her the way you've been cause it sounds like you're doing a really good job so far.You know what they say... Don't fix it unless it's broken :):):)

Back
Top Bottom