Feeding

Chefcarlos

so I’ve had my Cham over a week now it’s a rescue. Found it crossing the street, set it up nice it’s been pretty aggressive hissing, puffing up the works. Watched a video saying let it get used to seeing your hand in front of him let him come to you etc.. so tried something new I put a worm in my hand and he shot his tongue out and ate from my hand, does this mean he is warming up to me or was he just hungry fyi he has never done that have tried before and he would just hide.

I would say he’s getting use to you. Just enter his cage very slow an visit him when you can without stressing him out too much. He’ll be friendly soon enough. Were you serious when you said you picked him up off the road?

I would say he’s getting use to you. Just enter his cage very slow an visit him when you can without stressing him out too much. He’ll be friendly soon enough. Were you serious when you said you picked him up off the road?
Yes literally crossing the street pulled my car over and picked him up, took him to the pet store and set him up

Pic down below

Attachments

• C9D8D4C8-EF18-4FF1-B0D7-AC69A26584DA.jpeg
    C9D8D4C8-EF18-4FF1-B0D7-AC69A26584DA.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 105
I don’t think they are I think either someone let him go or he got loose from his enclosure and made his way outside

Isn’t getting used to you. If it’s walking around on the street I’d bet it’s super stressed and super starved (and dehydrated).

Hope you have a good home awaiting, or else best to put back by a wetland of some sort. Worst case, it’ll become food for some other animal. But if you have a good cage awaiting, you have a strong one for sure.

I have a good home for him spent a bunch of money got him a terrarium, plants,dropper,misting system,food the works

They aren't native to florida. They are invasive and thrive in Floridas climate.

Make sure to check out the Resource page here on the forums if you haven't already. Lots of great info on care for these veileds and other species.

Back
Top Bottom