Feeding strategy for greens

Padose

Hey everyone, I have been trying to see what to do in the case that my veiled takes to eating greens. I bought some collard greens the other day because he has started eating the wax plant! I cleaned a leaf and put it in spritzed with water, and he wont even look at it, he just keeps nibbling away on the wax plant.
Any ideas on how to get him to stop on the wax plant and start on the collards? I'm feeding him at least 10 crickets, so I don't know how he's all that hungry, but any strategies or tips would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Are you sure he's actually eating the wax plant and not going up to it and trying to drink water? I thought my panther was eating plants, but he was really just going up to it and trying to drink water from it.

If he's actually eating it, I am not sure how you'd get him to stop. Maybe have to remove it if you think he's going at it too much.

He's definitely eating it. I wasn't sure at first, thought maybe he was just getting a drink, but then I saw him finish off a leaf of the wax plant. Thus the reason why I bought collard greens, and have had a good collard leaf in since. Then yesterday afternoon he ate two more wax plant leaves!
Wax plant IS safe for veileds right? I mean, he's not eating that much, but certainly faster than it can grow, and I can't imagine it has much nutrition either!

Back
Top Bottom