Feeding pinky mice

meh a few a month isnt bad. During my early years i raised my first veiled on just pinkies and he lasted 6 years, and got good numbers from the vet checkups. Beardies do not do good on them. So just treat them as a snack ever 2-3 weeks. I would tie a string around the tail and fly them around the cage for them to chaise. The tails pop right off.

meh a few a month isnt bad. During my early years i raised my first veiled on just pinkies and he lasted 6 years, and got good numbers from the vet checkups. Beardies do not do good on them. So just treat them as a snack ever 2-3 weeks. I would tie a string around the tail and fly them around the cage for them to chaise. The tails pop right off.

Oh that’s crazy. I believe I did read that in a thread somewhere. We’re you feeding live ones or frozen and thawed ones? And do you think there would be much difference other then inticing them to eat it?

Oh true. I would think the skeleton would be the hardest part to digest but I mean people feed snails so I can’t see it being to much worse then that?
True. From what read It should not be give to often. It’s just a once in a blue moon just to avoid the digesting problem. I’ve read ppl like to give them to female chameleons that are making eggs/or just layed eggs to help with calcium if I remember right. Lots of reading with chameleons lol

True. From what read It should not be give to often. It’s just a once in a blue moon just to avoid the digesting problem. I’ve read ppl like to give them to female chameleons that are making eggs/or just layed eggs to help with calcium if I remember right. Lots of reading with chameleons lol

I've heard this too, but then heard it's a myth they're high in calcium. IMO the main plus of vertebrates is the vitamin content of the organs. There's preformed vit A among others.

What kind of chameleon are you feeding? I'm sure once and awhile would be fine, but I think large mellers and Parsons probably benefit from whole vertebrates prey more often.

I’m feeding 2 panthers and a veiled. Ya it wouldn’t be to often just a once in a while thing. I know lots of people say it’s bad to have to much animal protein but I think a bit would probably be beneficial.

I have heard that about females as well that part of why I’m curious about it. I have also heard people say that after feeding them they seem to have more energy and brighter colours.

From what I understand and read about the pinky mice bones,their skeletal structure is primarily cartilage at that age. So pinky mice are not a good source of calcium because of that. What pinkies have a lot of is fat and protein. Too much protein in the diet can be very detrimental to their kidneys and/or lead to a very painful, incurable condition called gout.

Are snails hard to digest? I thought they were fine as long as the shell was no larger than a dime.

Snails digest easily, plus they have plenty of moisture. The body breaks down the shell. I expect it would with bones too. With common sense, I don't feed giant snails to my chams lol.

Back
Top Bottom