Feeding horn worms

tunerX

I bought a dozen little tiny/medium horn worms on January 28th. I only planned on giving them to my daughter's Amblilobe every couple of days.

3 horn worms later, I have 6 giant horn worms and 3 medium sized.

The food in the timberline container is almost gone. What should I gut load them with? I put a slice of red bell pepper in the container and they seem to be enjoying it. I also put in some spinach and broccoli leaves, they don't care about those.

I used the below link to find different things to try.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/all-the-foods-hornworms-eat.60418/

They will eat pretty much any vegetable that I've put in there, but it gets messy and fast. Lettuce, apples. The best thing to do is to buy extra chow.

is it their poop that looks like little mini sugar crisp cereal? Or is that something that came in my container with them lol.

is it their poop that looks like little mini sugar crisp cereal? Or is that something that came in my container with them lol.

That’s their poop! I have extra powdered chow and rotate them in and out of the fridge. I also saved a couple pods so I can just make the chow, pour it in there, and transfer the worms. They do grow fast, especially if your house is warm (like mine).

Definitely not Sugar Crisp!

@tunerX
28BE5D28-4567-4307-8571-C19DB6748B13.jpeg

Haha ;). Used to be my favourite cereal as a kid. They stopped selling it around here along time ago.

As soon as I seen that horn worm poop that little “can’t get enough of that sugar crisp” jingle was stuck in my head. Haha!

I keep mine in the garage. This slowed the growth quite a bit but my garage does not get colder then about 50. We don't get snow so I don't have to worry about the extreme cold. I was able to stretch a pod of 12 to two weeks with only 4 becoming much to large to feed.

Back
Top Bottom