Feeding Help

Rosco

I've had my panther chameleon 9 days now, he is about 3 months old. The enclosure is 2'wide2'deep4'tall and he maneuvers around the cage good. The problem is he won't eat. Up until a few days ago he was eating alot like a pig, now I put the crickets on the branches in front of him and around him and he doesn't even acknowledge them. He even walks over the crickets. I'm worried that he is refusing to eat so I rigged a Tupperware container below a branch that way there is a constant food supply, and he sees them in there and ignores those too. Does anyone have advice to get him to eat or more importantly why he isn't eating. This is my baby(literally) and I don't want any health problems to arise, all feedback is appreciated.

i had this prob when i first got my Cham...he didnt eat for 2 days then he up and shed his skin and was eating like a pig.....i was worried up untill he started shedding then everything was fine

Really NOP. That's good to hear. I think i see parts of skin starting to shed like around the eyes and elbows. Do they bask alot when shedding because he likes hanging out in the heat lately.

That really is a high basking temp for a baby. I would drop that like 10 degrees. Just my opinion. My cham ate like a pig when shedding or getting ready to shed. hopefully that is the reason for the loss of appetite but if your cage temps are too hot that can effect their eating habits also. i would try lowering your basking and see if that does not have an effect on his eating. Also, would help for you to fill out the form in the health clinic. Click on the forums tab and then Health Clinic and then How to ask for help.

Back
Top Bottom