feeding cup ideas

armando

Hey everyone!
Well.. Ive been experiencing some trouble making Dante eat out of a cup..
The thing is that his cage is big, and usually everytime a cricket falls down dies somehow, and if for somereason the cricket makes it back up the top of the cage I believe its not clean enough since he was already roaming around the bottom of the cage.
So.. I decided to give it a try on cup feeding.
Ive tried both ways.... "Sunny D standing bottle, and a regular deli cup.
None of them has worked for me so far.
It seems that Dante likes to hunt his insects, and he will only eat them if they are walking around the mesh, or in the cork background.

Does anyone has any idea of what could I do? I was thinking about making a BIG feeding area.. something made out of mesh background, and some plastic frame so the crickets wont keep walking, with something at the bottom, so the crickets wont fall down...

ANYWAYS.... anyone has a different idea I could try???
thanks a lot!!

Buy a reusable coffee filter (the ones with plastic mesh) and tie through the screen at desired height with fishing line. Works great, cleans easily, very durable, and about $2

Sandra, Ive tried dark ones, and still dont work -_-
Turningodc, I actually have some of those...wouldnt the crickets and roaches just fall down from it?

They don't seem to fall. They crawl up screens and onto vines and other cage items. I don't really know why, but they seem to always crawl up, not down. I also entwine some in my vines which makes them easier to remove and clean.

Back
Top Bottom