Feeders..

Dgood

Established Member
I'm looking to make a purchase of some feeders for my chams, I have plenty of Dubai, crix, supers, and calci worms. I was looking into getting some Isopods, bb flies, horn and silk worms. And where can you find and small locust or grasshoppers?? :D

Also would painted lady butterflies be a good feeder for a Jackson's?
I'm looking to make a purchase of some feeders for my chams, I have plenty of Dubai, crix, supers, and calci worms. I was looking into getting some Isopods, bb flies, horn and silk worms. And where can you find and small locust or grasshoppers?? :D

great selection - well done!
not easy to get locust in northamerica
painted ladies are a good enrichment feeder

Thank you!:D where would you recommend I go? So I can make as little shipments as possible? :)

I have found packed together shipments difficult to obtain. it seems everyone wants to ship items seperately. you might be able to get something like hornworms and silkworms shipped together.

Darn......we'll looks like I'll just have to mix and match :D where is a good supplier of Isopods?

I catch all my wild grasshoppers and locusts...
Im completely sure they are from a safe area... free from pesticides and stuff...
many in here say its not good... but some others will agree with me that its a good option as long as you are 100% its safe.
you can read more about WC feeders around the forum.. see all the pros and cons
I havent had any problem so far, and my chameleon love his wild caught grasshoppers, locusts, moths and dragonflies.

I get my silkworms and hornworms shipped together from Coastal Silkworms. I believe they also have mealworms, superworms, waxworms and roaches as well but I haven't purchased any of those from them yet.

Sorry- I'm jumping in to nitpick because I just heard the name mispronounced on youtube videos. They are dubia not dubai. Dubai is a place and these roaches are native half a world away from Dubai.

Duh bee yuh

not

Doo bye

That said, i think your quest for a varied chameleon diet is an excellent idea.

I catch all my wild grasshoppers and locusts...
Im completely sure they are from a safe area... free from pesticides and stuff...
many in here say its not good... but some others will agree with me that its a good option as long as you are 100% its safe.
you can read more about WC feeders around the forum.. see all the pros and cons
I havent had any problem so far, and my chameleon love his wild caught grasshoppers, locusts, moths and dragonflies.

I used to to do this as well when I only had a few lizards. It is fun and 10 minutes in a hay field this time of year can yeild a lot of insects that are high in calcium and carotinoids from grass and weed eating insects that also come pre-gutloaded on excellent foods.

I had a friend who had a blacklight trap that fit over a 5 gallon bucket who used to catch 1/3 of a bucket full of feedable insects some nights.

I'd recommend thinking about soldier fly larvae as well. I've really enjoyed my colony this summer- first time I got it really going after trying last year.

Thanks everyone for all your awesome info! :D glad to be surrounded by people that are here to help!

Back
Top Bottom