Feeders going into dirt

@Jhr226 if you're worried about the insects in the cage being less nutritious...leave a small lid full! of greens, veggies in the cage for the fruit flies and crickets...then they will always be gutloaded. Just be sure to change them often enough that they don't rot or mould.

Impaction is a real possibility with some substrates and not with others. Some substrates will appear not to cause a problem and then suddenly cause one. The problem is you won't know until it's too late as a rule. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Are there any super veggies you or anyone else reccomend ? Is there like a special mix that will be good? I just put apples and lettuce :unsure:

I use the same ones I recommend for gutloading....dandelion greens, endive, escarole, kale, squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato, carrots, etc. You can use a bit of fruit like berries and pears and apples etc but be aware!that they gombad quicker as a rule.

I use the same ones I recommend for gutloading....dandelion greens, endive, escarole, kale, squash, zucchini, sweet red pepper, sweet potato, carrots, etc. You can use a bit of fruit like berries and pears and apples etc but be aware!that they gombad quicker as a rule.

I don't know if it's just me but I can never find dandelions :( where do you get yours?

Yup. Wholefoods had it too apparently.
You're in Florida though...right? I don't know what American stores would carry it. Do you have Shop Rite stores there?

Yup. Wholefoods had it too apparently.
You're in Florida though...right? I don't know what American stores would carry it. Do you have Shop Rite stores there?

We have Whole Foods ,and Walmart :D I'll be buy a Whole Foods tommorow so maybe I'll stop by to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom