FedEx problem baby chameleon

Turner1986

Established Member
So I went through FedEx to ship a baby chameleon. Syr is where I printed the label. I paid the $60 for priority overnight shipping. I took it to FedEx yesterday (friday). Well it's noon the next day and the package still hasn't got to its destination. So I called FedEx and they tell me that it's not going to be delivered until Monday. Why did I pay $60 for priority overnight shipping if it's not going to be there till Monday. People suck at doing their jobs. Obviously the baby chameleons isn't going to make it.

I'm so sorry that this has happened. That's the main reason a lot of sellers refuse to ship on a Friday. Some don't even want to go past Wednesday, just so the package doesn't get stuck in limbo over the weekend if there's an issue.

So I went through FedEx to ship a baby chameleon. Syr is where I printed the label. I paid the $60 for priority overnight shipping. I took it to FedEx yesterday (friday). Well it's noon the next day and the package still hasn't got to its destination. So I called FedEx and they tell me that it's not going to be delivered until Monday. Why did I pay $60 for priority overnight shipping if it's not going to be there till Monday. People suck at doing their jobs. Obviously the baby chameleons isn't going to make it.

You don't know your baby is dead. It might be just fine if you packed it well. After all, wild caughts take a long, long time to get from Africa (where they are usually kept in horrible conditions) to the US and then they still have to clear customs and get to the importer.

Shipping on Friday was not a wise idea for exactly the problem you are facing. I won't even order crickets after Tuesday. Let us know if the baby arrived safely.

Can you go to whereever it is and retrieve it? Have you contacted Ship Your Reptiles for help?

So, the only way fedex delivers on Saturday is if you pay extra for Saturday delivery. If you didn't, then this is not the fault of FedEx at all as shipping on Friday without Saturday delivery means Monday is the delivery day. Only ship Monday through Wednesday and this isn't a problem. I will occasionally ship to a Fedex Hub on Thursday for Friday, knowing if it's delayed a day they can still pick it up on Saturday (only if held for pickup).

While it does suck this happened. He still isn't dead yet. I would recommend shipping with 72 hour heat packs as well in the future if you didn't this time. If it's sitting in a Hub over the weekend, he will likely be Ok.

FedEx never delivers on Saturdays to my knowledge. It is not even recommend to ship on Thursdays because if something happens and it sometime does, and the cham is not delivered on Friday then it would not be delivered until Monday. Which hub us your baby at? I see above it's in Memphis. I know people in Memphis that might go pick him up and re-ship on Monday. Call and see it that's possible. I've seen people here do that before,

I just messaged my friend in Memphis and she said: Hey Jann,,,, I'd be glad to help out if I can. get the guy to find out exactly where it's being held and their hours. I am working today but might be able to work it out..

So you come to the forums and complain about FedEx without even knowing if the baby is dead, AND you were the fool to ship it on a Friday? Seems to me if it dies it wasn't FedEx's fault.....

On the bright side, IF it was packed well it should be fine. They have to travel a lot farther when imported and they do still make the trip. Make sure the animal gets hydrated when it arrives. Also you might be able to get a refund for the difference in the arrival time. Never ship anything on a Thur or a Fri.

this is Exactly why I will only ship mon- wed , I'm nervous enough shipping and ive shipped a few at this point , I wouldn't take the chance shipping thurs unless its in calif otherwise mon- wed only

well this is the first time i've ever shipped any animal. I guess i had to learn the hard way. I will only be shipping on Monday/Tuesday from now on.

I just messaged my friend in Memphis and she said: Hey Jann,,,, I'd be glad to help out if I can. get the guy to find out exactly where it's being held and their hours. I am working today but might be able to work it out..

im guessing its at the main hub in memphis, i dont know for sure.

How did you package it? I've had a shipment delayed days at that location because they lost it. The packages are stored on non climate controlled loading docks in containers so how you packaged will likely determine the outcome. With proper heat packs everything should be fine if the animal was well fed and hydrated before shipping.

im guessing its at the main hub in memphis, i dont know for sure.

You should have called yesterday and by the tracking number they could have told you exactly where he was and you could have made arrangement for my friend to pick him up. She was will to get off work (she works 12 hour shifts at the hospital) and go pick him up, rehydrate him and then re-ship for you in a few days.

You should have called yesterday and by the tracking number they could have told you exactly where he was and you could have made arrangement for my friend to pick him up. She was will to get off work (she works 12 hour shifts at the hospital) and go pick him up, rehydrate him and then re-ship for you in a few days.
Wow, thats a really kind hearted person to do that...amazing.

Back
Top Bottom