Fecal, should I worry

danchizel

Learning how to do fecals and trying to learn when I should worry. I found maybe 30 of these rounds objects in the slide I just checked. Wondering if I should worry. No other signs or issues with chameleon. This is at 100x
7A8FAB09-0B1F-4BEE-9623-E62E208E9815.jpeg

I recommend taking that poop to the vet for a fecal. It’s possibly that could be cociddia. We have a good relationship with our vet and he came to our house to show my husband how to do fecals. Our microscope also makes pictures that we can send him when we are not sure about something we see.

Have you read this? and watched the video? You should buy the book and the poster. The poster is awesome.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/how-to-do-your-own-fecal-float-video.810/

Thanks for the links. I’ll look into it. I’ve done lots of research but just looking to learn more. I’m currently looking for a vet that will do a fecal without an exam. He’s a young Cham and I don’t see a need for an exam but I would like to do a fecal.

I'm pretty sure you could post fecal matter to your vet to either do a general parasite test or a comprehensive test the comprehensive will be considerably more expensive. A basic parasite test should be more than sufficient unless you have major concerns. I haven't done this but a piece of damp kitchen roll fresh fecal first class post done

I'm pretty sure you could post fecal matter to your vet to either do a general parasite test or a comprehensive test the comprehensive will be considerably more expensive. A basic parasite test should be more than sufficient unless you have major concerns. I haven't done this but a piece of damp kitchen roll fresh fecal first class post done
Thanks! I’m going to make a few calls Monday when more offices are open.

Back
Top Bottom