February 22nd (Tues) South Bay Chameleon Keepers Meeting

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy All,

(Haven’t been to one of our free meetings yet? What are you waiting for!)

7:30pm-8pm.........Meet and Greet
8pm-~9pm...........Roundtable Discussion // Show & Tell
9pm-9:30pm.........Feeder co-op sale and distribution
9:30pm.................Meeting Wrap-up

******* Another reminder: If you plan on taking part in Kevin’s (Summoner12) insect feeder ordering and sometimes his LLLReptile supply ordering and are not already receiving this msg via Gmail, please send a quickie “Join” email to the [email protected] site so that you will receive his Excel spreadsheet order sheet as well as instructions, when it becomes available later in the week. *******

Nathan (Drywater) has once again, graciously invited us to his work location for this meeting. It’s located in the vicinity of the northwest quadrant of where the 405 and the 10 freeways cross.

2001 S Barrington Ave.
Suite 201
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Here is a Google map link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2001+S+Barrington+Ave,+Los+Angeles,+CA+90025

Image of the garage entrance:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...Pirw4h_axXAELaAhB2b5YA&cbp=12,265.65,,0,-7.08

Nathan said:
“As for parking, everyone is welcome to park in the garage structure that is attached on the south side of the building. Later in the evening, the gate may be closed but I have a card key to open it. Otherwise, there is plenty of street parking in front of the building.” If the front and side building entry doors are locked, walking up the parking structure driveway entrance and then over to the 2nd floor office complex entry is an easy way to get to Suite 201.

The "South Bay Chameleon Keepers" (SBCK) meetings are normally held on the last Tuesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm. These free-of-charge meetings are pretty much free-flowing, with all chameleon topics open for discussion. "Show and Tell" discussions are common. We continue to have group bulk-buys (silkworms, hornworms, superworms, crickets, dubias etc.) at our meetings. Some members may be bringing these feeders to sell but that's not guaranteed. Let us know if you are looking for these feeders (or anything else) and we'll try to confirm availability (pre-ordering) before the meeting. Some keepers bring their chameleon books and magazines along with other various items to spark discussions. We also won’t stop you from bringing your chameleons, young and old, big and small. Just keep in mind that it is past their bedtime and that there is stress involved in the trip. So if you plan on bringing chameleons either for “Show and Tell” or for sale (pre-arranged sales are encouraged) just keep in mind your chameleon’s well-being :).

Don't hesitate to RSVP with an email to: [email protected] if you think you might be coming. Didn't RSVP? Come anyway!

On your way and got lost or can't get in the building? For this meeting, call Dave Weldon on his cell phone# 310-600-4793.

Our group ranges from long-time breeders to novice keepers. Lately, there have been 10-25+ members attending. There are usually new members at every meeting.

No guarantees but there are usually snacks and drinks brought-in by some of the attendees. You’re welcome to bring some to share too!

See You There,

SBCK

(NOTE)
The www.chameleonforums.com has added a "Social Group" area that our SBCK members can associate themselves to by requesting an "Invite" (https://www.chameleonforums.com/groups/south-bay-chameleon-keepers.html). Our purpose for having the SBCK Group area on this Forum is to help SBCK members keep track of who & how to contact other SBCK members. The term "Member" is used loosely to mean anyone who attends the free meetings. If you have no intention of ever attending any of the face-to-face meetings there is no benefit to being part of the group and you will likely not be "Added" or kept in this Social Group list . This SBCK group area is not intended to replace the main forum. Use the regular Forum area for all posts. Use the SBCK group area as a means of locating other SBCK members to send PMs etc. Continue to use the latest monthly "Meeting Invite" Forum thread as a place to post to the SBCK members that are also "ChameleonForums" members. There are still a few SBCK members that are not yet Forum members but continue to receive their notices via the [email protected] emails. It also appears, for the moment, that Junior Member status on the ChameleonForums does not yet have enough "Permission Level" to join a Social Group.

i'm going:D

and wondering if anyone will have crix, horns, silks, and maybe butterworms available?

i'm going:D

and wondering if anyone will have crix, horns, silks, and maybe butterworms available?
Howdy Ace,

As far as horns, silks, and maybe butterworms etc, if you are on the Gmail list, I should be sending out the monthly meeting Ordering Spreadsheet before the 18th, assuming that our usual plan goes as scheduled. SSimsswiSS covers the cricket and gutload (Cricket Crack) ordering department directly so post something here for him or PM him :).

If anyone is interested in picking-up their feeder orders at the next meeting and not already on the Gmail list then send an "Add Me" email to [email protected] and you'll be added along with the ~60 others on the list :). If you don't get a confirmation that you are added to the list within 24 hours, PM me to see if you got blocked at either end :eek:.

Howdy Ace,

As far as horns, silks, and maybe butterworms etc, if you are on the Gmail list, I should be sending out the monthly meeting Ordering Spreadsheet before the 18th, assuming that our usual plan goes as scheduled. SSimsswiSS covers the cricket and gutload (Cricket Crack) ordering department directly so post something here for him or PM him :).

If anyone is interested in picking-up their feeder orders at the next meeting and not already on the Gmail list then send an "Add Me" email to [email protected] and you'll be added along with the ~60 others on the list :). If you don't get a confirmation that you are added to the list within 24 hours, PM me to see if you got blocked at either end :eek:.

Thx Dave:)
much appreciated also if possible do you have anymore plant stands??? i would like 1 or 2 if you bring them to the meeting:D

in that case

SSimsswiSS: if possible i need 250 crix size 5/8 or 3/4 and 2lbs of cricket crack:) please and thank you:)

Howdy,

For those of you receiving the SBCK Gmails, the monthly meeting Feeder Order Spreadsheet was sent out this morning so watch your Inbox for that email :).

Aluminum cage building

Hey guys if I were to bring some things to build all aluminum cages would you all help me put them together. It would be a presentation/project that would help me out! :D;):D Others suggested I try asking so I figure it can't hurt.
I'm putting a few together little by little by myself beforehand.

List of items I have:
Aluminum screen
7" Long Aluminum screen frames
Screen frame corners
.125 Diameter rubber spline
8-18-3/4" drill screws and a drill
Nylon turn buttons
Door handles
1 inch zinc hinges
6-20-1/2" self drill screws
Packing tape
Hacksaw and chop saw. Most likely bring hacksaw.

Hey guys if I were to bring some things to build all aluminum cages would you all help me put them together. It would be a presentation/project that would help me out! :D;):D Others suggested I try asking so I figure it can't hurt.
I'm putting a few together little by little by myself beforehand.

List of items I have:
Aluminum screen
7" Long Aluminum screen frames
Screen frame corners
.125 Diameter rubber spline
8-18-3/4" drill screws and a drill
Nylon turn buttons
Door handles
1 inch zinc hinges
6-20-1/2" self drill screws
Packing tape
Hacksaw and chop saw. Most likely bring hacksaw.

I could bring a chop saw, but don't think Nathan's work would digg aluminum flakes in the carpet. :rolleyes: Guess I could bring drop cloth as well.

I could bring a vacuum or cut them before. I think a vacuum would be easier if you guys are helping. :D Only question is how I'm going to fit everything in my car, hahaha.

The Girl Scout Cookies are here!

If you ordered cookies, I'll be bringing them.
I also have some extra if you forgot to order, just let me know if you need any and I'll bring them.

I also have lots of Dubia for sale and some small jars of Silvadene cream for use on burns (good to have in your reptile medicine chest) Just let me know if you need anything.

See everybody Tuesday!

Back
Top Bottom