Farewell Eugene.

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well, Eugene has been looking pretty bleak the past few days. I tried everything I could, he just wasn't receptive to it.. He just passed away a few minutes ago in my hand. I had to just stand there and watch him suffer. :( I'm heart broken over the loss of Eugene, but I know that it doesn't end with him. There is always a future ahead, no matter how dark it seems.

Even though I have had him for almost a month.. He grew on me.

Farewell Eugene. My little pyg. My first little pyg. I will always remember you... :(

I'm so sorry Zac. It's heartbreaking having any of our pets die in our arms. I'm sure Eugene is in a better place now and isn't in pain anymore. I'm sure you did all you could to make sure he was healthy and happy. Sometimes with chams, they can make an unexpected turn for the worst... I learned that the hard way too. All we can do is move on and learn from the past. Feel better man.

Sorry you lost your little pgymy. People think that pgymy's are easy but they have never seemed that way to me. Just to do anything for something that small is difficult, if not impossible. RIP Eugene

Sorry you lost your little pgymy. People think that pgymy's are easy but they have never seemed that way to me. Just to do anything for something that small is difficult, if not impossible. RIP Eugene

I didn't find it difficult at all, but it seemed like he was fine one day and then the next he wasn't. He ate well, drank etc. Then he just stopped moving around and eating/drinking..

Thank you both for your condolences. I will take this as a lesson learned and try to improve my knowledge on their care and improve my setup.

Awww, Zac, that's so sad. My dear Lily died in my lap too. It is the most awful thing to witness. We love them with all our hearts and it really hurts to lose one no matter how big or small they are. But, like you say, we learn from these experiences, and Lily taught me an awful lot and Amy owes her long life to that!

Awww, Zac, that's so sad. My dear Lily died in my lap too. It is the most awful thing to witness. We love them with all our hearts and it really hurts to lose one no matter how big or small they are. But, like you say, we learn from these experiences, and Lily taught me an awful lot and Amy owes her long life to that!

Thanks so much Jann and Tiff. I never want to experience this again. I think I might be re-moving my chameleons from my house for a while since there is a possible carbon monoxide leak. I will be looking for another "Eugene" to try again with the species, but I don't think it will be until either early spring to get one or until after we move to the cities.

Thanks again Tiff.

Thanks so much Jann and Tiff. I never want to experience this again. I think I might be re-moving my chameleons from my house for a while since there is a possible carbon monoxide leak. I will be looking for another "Eugene" to try again with the species, but I don't think it will be until either early spring to get one or until after we move to the cities.

Thanks again Tiff.

:( im so sorry. im glad your going to try again. i remember you posting about getting him. he was happy with you tho and i dont think it had anything to do with your setup- that looked gr8.

R.I.P Eugene

aww I am so sorry Zac! :(:( I was just looking at posts from you the other day and thought how cool the name Eugene was for a little pygmy...I am so sorry for your loss! I can sympathize with how difficult it is to be helpless in these situations. :(

I am so very sorry to hear about your little Eugene. I know your heart is hurting. As hard is this is on you... just know that you gave your little one comfort as you held him and he was not alone as he left this world.
RIP Eugene

aww I am so sorry Zac! :(:( I was just looking at posts from you the other day and thought how cool the name Eugene was for a little pygmy...I am so sorry for your loss! I can sympathize with how difficult it is to be helpless in these situations. :(

Thanks for your condolences. :eek:

I was just over in the cities and I thought about you. Not in a creepy way, more like "Hey fellow Chameleon Keeper lives over in this area!"

Thanks for your condolences. :eek:

I was just over in the cities and I thought about you. Not in a creepy way, more like "Hey fellow Chameleon Keeper lives over in this area!"

You should have let me know...I could have sent you home with my dubia colony!! Now that is creepy! lol :D

I am so sorry Zac. I have not been reading forum stuff too much the last week so until I got your FB message I had no clue.I am so sad for you & the loss you suffered.I will be thinking about you, message me on FB if you need an ear

Back
Top Bottom