Fans?

Throwingstones

Avid Member
Since I’m getting a hybrid enclosure I’m looking into getting a PC fan like some have suggested. I’m curious though on which way is better, pulling air from top or pushing air in below?

Since I’m getting a hybrid enclosure I’m looking into getting a PC fan like some have suggested. I’m curious though on which way is better, pulling air from top or pushing air in below?
Mine pulls from the top. I have heard of others pushing from below. I’m not sure which is better but I know pulling from the top works well for me ☺️

Mine pulls from the top. I have heard of others pushing from below. I’m not sure which is better but I know pulling from the top works well for me ☺️
Maybe stupid thought. What about pulling air from below?

Also would I run it during the night as well? Or maybe an hour or two after lights out to drop the temp?

Maybe stupid thought. What about pulling air from below?

Also would I run it during the night as well? Or maybe an hour or two after lights out to drop the temp?
I guess it would depend on the need. I only run mine for a few hours during the day to bring down the humidity after fogging all night. I have a room fan that I run all day. But nothing at night because I’m trying to have high humidity at that time ☺️

I’m using fans as well. But I’m blowing air in below and pulling air out on top. The enclosure already has a chimney effect with raising hot air and design wise (strategically placed air vents) , pulling air out below would do the contrary and will destroy the airflow.
See, I knew it was a stupid thought😂
Is it better to have two fans?

For healthy fans, you want to be pushing/pulling from below. Else your plastic fan is going to be subjected to hot humid air forever. If you want to make them last a bit longer, you can also put a used drier sheet on them as a filter.

As others stated you want to have the air flow going up like a chimney.

I would stick with 1 good fan. maybe a low speed 120mm. or a 120mm 12v that would run off of a 5-7v power supply so it would be slow and quite. You do not need much air flow.

I guess it would depend on the need. I only run mine for a few hours during the day to bring down the humidity after fogging all night. I have a room fan that I run all day. But nothing at night because I’m trying to have high humidity at that time ☺️
Depends on the setup. Mine is a really big enclosure and fully enclosed (no mesh) therefore a have several fans. But one top should be sufficient. I run them 24/7 and hope that with the fogger, the fog “recycles” more.

Depends on the setup. Mine is a really big enclosure and fully enclosed (no mesh) therefore a have several fans. But one top should be sufficient. I run them 24/7 and hope that with the fogger, the fog “recycles” more.
A small rectification, the opposite is true and the fans make fog disappear quicker. I now switch the fans off from 10.00pm till 06.00am.

Back
Top Bottom