Falling, help

Also I want to include some pictures that I have been able to take of her.
pic #1 is her right now sleep
Pic #2 is the pic I got of her before receiving her from breeder
Pic #3 early this morning
Pic#4 second day of having her
Pic #5 first night with us 10/20/21

Attachments

• EAF678FC-D39E-412B-8475-70111206D6DE.jpeg
    EAF678FC-D39E-412B-8475-70111206D6DE.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 968AA866-0D71-432E-A251-5F1A042AF59D.jpeg
    968AA866-0D71-432E-A251-5F1A042AF59D.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 23208946-1019-45E7-9ABA-6B1B6BA7E260.jpeg
    23208946-1019-45E7-9ABA-6B1B6BA7E260.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 58
  • 403CF992-A309-4C42-86B9-11CBE651DFD8.jpeg
    403CF992-A309-4C42-86B9-11CBE651DFD8.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 61
  • 8ED3B281-4317-44BB-A53A-7E86BB1B3B0D.jpeg
    8ED3B281-4317-44BB-A53A-7E86BB1B3B0D.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 60
Thanks for going through the form. I think we managed to cover everything with our back and forth organically. However I do think that she should be eating more as a juvenile. As much as she wants...usually they can eat like 10 feeders in the morning and 10 again in the afternoon. This age is crucial for getting lots of food and nutrition for their bodies to develop properly. Then you cut back as she reaches sexual maturity to keep clutches in check.

You read correctly that tong feeding is dangerous. One bad scenario and boom you need to amputate their tongue. So getting a shooting gallery or free range or cup feeding is fine. Usually having the feeding gallery or cup where they can see it clearly from the basking area helps them find and get the food.
Okay how many crickets do you suggest I buy at a time? Do you buy in weeks worth or months? Definitely will be feeding her a lot more. I also feed like I would benefit from a calendar I will use for her to keep up with her stuff almost like a journal Per se.

Yes. Crickets are nasty buggers. I also think it'd help to get crickets a bigger bucket or tub. It has to have lots of space and ventilation because as they poop and die off the fumes kill the live crickets. Where do you get your crickets? Pet shops have high rates of cross contamination and parasites. It's safer to order banded crickets online from a place like Josh's Frogs.
I have got cricket from PetSmart and this exotic pet store that’s literally the only one where I live.

Attachments

• F9142B6D-FAFE-465A-BA05-7EE048540742.png
    F9142B6D-FAFE-465A-BA05-7EE048540742.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 51
Okay how many crickets do you suggest I buy at a time? Do you buy in weeks worth or months? Definitely will be feeding her a lot more. I also feed like I would benefit from a calendar I will use for her to keep up with her stuff almost like a journal Per se.

Depends on the room you have and age of the chameleon. The crickets grow fast so you have to feed them off before they get too big. With a juvenile you could buy a lot of a smaller cricket size and then as they grow you can still feed them off. Buy a months worth and then see how they do. But buy banded crickets and get a bigger well ventilated tub.

I have got cricket from PetSmart and this exotic pet store that’s literally the only one where I live.

I can't speak to the quality of the crickets at the local store. But PetSmart and Petco reptiles often have parasites, and then the crickets that don't get eaten in one cage gets put back in another cage or the feeding bin which is how cross contamination happens. But don't worry about it too much. Just order some crickets from Josh's Frogs or another forum sponsor and when you schedule your vet checkup bring in poop for a fecal float / parasite test.

I can't speak to the quality of the crickets at the local store. But PetSmart and Petco reptiles often have parasites, and then the crickets that don't get eaten in one cage gets put back in another cage or the feeding bin which is how cross contamination happens. But don't worry about it too much. Just order some crickets from Josh's Frogs or another forum sponsor and when you schedule your vet checkup bring in poop for a fecal float / parasite test.
Okay i only bought them yesterday. So I will order more and what do you think I should do with the ones I have lol okay I will do all of that with the vet. Again I really appreciate it you all ☺️

Okay i only bought them yesterday. So I will order more and what do you think I should do with the ones I have lol okay I will do all of that with the vet. Again I really appreciate it you all ☺️

In your place I'd keep feeding what you have until you transition over. It's not 100% certain they have parasites. It's just a risk hence us saying to go get her tested to be sure.

Are you very consistent with lights on and lights out time? I'd say watch her carefully to see if she's actually sleeping during the day. She might be just looking in another direction. And it's common for them to get into routines so she might settled down to roost a couple hours before lights off. And if you're not consistent with the lights that will throw her sleep off.

Sleeping during the day, mouth gaping, not eating or pooping, and lethargy are sickness symptoms to keep an eye on.

In your place I'd keep feeding what you have until you transition over. It's not 100% certain they have parasites. It's just a risk hence us saying to go get her tested to be sure.

Are you very consistent with lights on and lights out time? I'd say watch her carefully to see if she's actually sleeping during the day. She might be just looking in another direction. And it's common for them to get into routines so she might settled down to roost a couple hours before lights off. And if you're not consistent with the lights that will throw her sleep off.

Sleeping during the day, mouth gaping, not eating or pooping, and lethargy are sickness symptoms to keep an eye on.
I reached out to the place I got her from and they said they turn lights down at 8pm but she’s going to sleep or what it appears to me is like 5pm so would that be considered settled down to the roost before lights off as you say (love that phrase by the way) she seems to be eating okay but I will definitely be feeding her more than what I was. She has popped every single day I have got her which is good. I also looked what their fecal is suppose to look like I feel like it looks good actually. But definitely I have gotten some great tips and pointers and will be applying them going forward ☺️

I reached out to the place I got her from and they said they turn lights down at 8pm but she’s going to sleep or what it appears to me is like 5pm so would that be considered settled down to the roost before lights off as you say (love that phrase by the way) she seems to be eating okay but I will definitely be feeding her more than what I was. She has popped every single day I have got her which is good. I also looked what their fecal is suppose to look like I feel like it looks good actually. But definitely I have gotten some great tips and pointers and will be applying them going forward ☺️
I find my chameleon also changes his habits with the season because I have a window that lets light into the room. 5pm seems a little early for roosting. Keep an eye on her. Make the cage the best it can be to make her secure, give her a variety of feeders and feed them well, and get to know her routine.

Ask the breeder to send pics of her enclosure that she's used to. And call the vet and schedule an appointment now because they can be booked up. So best to get the foot in the door now for a checkup, before anything goes downhill.

Usually it’s recommended that you have lights on for twelve hours and then lights off for twelve. My guys lights come on at 7 am and off at 7pm. He usually will go to his roosting spot a couple hours before lights off. I don’t think her going to her spot at 5 pm is unusual or anything to worry about. Like bbyoda says, just get used to her routine. She’s doing fine. 😊

Usually it’s recommended that you have lights on for twelve hours and then lights off for twelve. My guys lights come on at 7 am and off at 7pm. He usually will go to his roosting spot a couple hours before lights off. I don’t think her going to her spot at 5 pm is unusual or anything to worry about. Like bbyoda says, just get used to her routine. She’s doing fine. 😊
Thank you so much for your advice 😊

Guess I got here a tad late.

When I buy crickets, I limit it to a week's worth ± because that's what my cricket keeper will best accommodate.

Calendar's good. I use one to keep the supplement days straight, and note anything... notable.

Back
Top Bottom