Fake vines and others

purplebiotch

How do you all get your vines to stay up in the cage. I've been using thumb tacks but it isn't very sturdy (because i use a Reptarium® and the cloth doesn't handle the weight to well) nor does it look very good.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it also I am VERY open to suggestions on how to get my reptarium screen a little sturdier.

How do you all get your vines to stay up in the cage. I've been using thumb tacks but it isn't very sturdy (because i use a Reptarium® and the cloth doesn't handle the weight to well) nor does it look very good.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it also I am VERY open to suggestions on how to get my reptarium screen a little sturdier.

Twisty ties are my best friend. Get a wire stripper, strip about half the twisty tie, and then get about 2-3 of those for the same vine so it's secured. Make sure the UNSTRIPPED wire goes on the vine so the cham doesn't get poked by the stripped wire on the other side.

Actually, forget that. Twisty ties on either side of the screen is a pain in the ass, but you can try if you want. D: It's my macgyver way of doing some vines right now lol.

If you have vines that are bendable, I stuck one end into the soil of my ficus and then the other end was held by either a twisty tie or just laid up against the screen..

Hopefully someone else can give you tips.

Also if your vine looks like this in the back (has the hook) You can stick that on some sticks and it should hold fairly well.

Sorry for my terribly macgyver-y ideas.

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 101
Thanks. I think i understood you for the most part but I still need more ideas please:D and i liked you art work lol!

I use thumb tacks for the vines and dowels and twisty ties for my mister hose and thermometer/hygrometer probe.

Love me some zip ties. I drill a hole in the vine and connect it through the screen with a zip tie. It puts little small holes in the screen but you never know it unless you take the vine down.

I don't like holes in my screens so I use 12-30 pound test fishing line to make loops through the screen and tie in place. You then can twist vines to the loops.If you want to attach branches, drill a small hole on them and tie the line through it, works awesome every time and lasts forever without rust.

doc actually i agree with you so i think i am going to combine both your's and crocky's methods by drilling a hole through it and then tying to the side of the cage. Because we have TONS of fishing line from our lake house.

I use fishing line. But it's a pain every time I clean the cage (often) I have to untie the notes then put them back together. And my cage is against a wall. So imagine trying to get the knots from the back

Back
Top Bottom