Fake plant questions! please inform me!

vinnnnnny

Most of my fake plants are just fine when it comes to giving my cham water. However, one type I have tends to drip off the dye used to color it. Is this poison for my cham?! he has not drank any of this water (he drink from other leaves) I just wouldnt want him to indulge in the orange(ish) colored water and get sick... also, I have a none toxic paint I used on an old fake plant to give it extra color. This does not seem to drip away with added water, but I was wondering also if he were to somehow ingest small pieces (flakes) of this if it would cause impaction, or pass fairly easily?

I would take out the fake plant that is losing dye, just my opinion but I wouldn't want my chameleon to drink any of it.. better safe than sorry you know. Nor would I use the one with paint on it. Fake plants are lame anyway, get yourself some real ones they boost humidity exponetially anyway... especially good for jackson's. Not to mention that you can get cham safe plants at home depot or lowes for the same price if not cheaper than the fake ones from petsmart or whatever.

I would take out the fake plant that is losing dye, just my opinion but I wouldn't want my chameleon to drink any of it.. better safe than sorry you know. Nor would I use the one with paint on it. Fake plants are lame anyway, get yourself some real ones they boost humidity exponetially anyway... especially good for jackson's. Not to mention that you can get cham safe plants at home depot or lowes for the same price if not cheaper than the fake ones from petsmart or whatever.

Just make sure to wash them and put them in a chameleon safe substrate

The fact that some of them leach dye is one of the reasons I tell people to wash the fake ones well (just like the real plants...both sides of the leaves) before using them....so if they leach I don't use them.

I'm not a fan of fake plants anyhow in case the chameleon ingests a leaf from one...accidentally or on purpose.

im slowly switching all my cages out to live plants. live plants hold the water so much better on the leaves, looks better, chameleons really enjoy them and humidity conditions are better. schefflera and pathos are two hardy plants you can use.

Back
Top Bottom