Faceplant into the dirt

LaserGecko

:confused:

Well, I went in to check on my girl today and she was nowhere to be found. Normally, she can't hide in plain sight from me like she can with the rest of the family, but this time I was worried. It took what seemed like forever until I saw her literally face down in the corner of the planter stuck between the cage and a potted plant. Immediately, I feared the worst and thought she was dead. Luckily, she wasn't; she was just cold and confused.

Apparently, she either fell off the branch or was trying to walk from the vine to that plant (although it didn't look like it moved) and just planted her nose in the ground. Unfortunately, it was cool enough in that area of the cage that she may have been up the creek without the heat to get out of the situation. She looked really dehydrated, but it could've just been from the odd positioning. (VegasChad just saw her on Friday and said she was a "monster" but in great shape.)

I don't know how long she'd been like that since it was my first time to check on her today, but she seemed to be fine after she got her senses and climbed back onto her vines.

Has anyone else seen something like this?

Is it possible that she was digging in the dirt, perhaps to lay eggs? How old is she? Has she shown any signs of being gravid?

It is scary to find your cham in an unhappy situation. I hope she is ok and it was just a situation she could not get herself out of. Good luck with her.

The only part of her in contact with the ground was her face. She was literally face down, vertically planted in the dirt and unable to move.

She's not gravid. Chad and I both have checked.

:eek:how on earth?
check if she break any bone or something..
my suspicion is she fell during the night and could very well be become too cold and unable to warm up.

Is she moving at all now?
If she is, perhaps give her some warmth by bringing the basking lamp closer.
as far as dehydration, when she is strong enough, a shower might do her some good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom