Facebook Hacked, Privacy

What important documents does anyone keep in Facebook anyways? What is the damage if someone gets into anyones account? Most of my friends are on Facebook, and all they do there is post pictures -ok, some are very embarrasing-, write comments and play farming or gangster games...and isn't what everyone else does that too?

LoL, I got rid of my Facebook account when I turned 21 for this very reason. That and I don't want employers looking up photos of me doing illegal or embarassing things. :D

Supposedly a court ruling has stated facebook is public domain. You can be fired from posts on it.

You'd be surprised what people post on facebook thinking it's private...

If I could show you guys the pictures from my friends and I from this past weekend alone, we'll be getting deported back to Germany pronto! Ha!

You just have to keep your account private. You can't even find me on facebook unless I friend request you or you are one of my friends, friends.

You just have to keep your account private. You can't even find me on facebook unless I friend request you or you are one of my friends, friends.

It's really not as private as you think. There are ways to get into your albums by using your user ID, even if you are 100% private.

The fact that facebook actually owns any data you post there has always kept me away from it.

They own your pictures, comments, and any other data they collect from you when you use it.

They can sell or use that data any way they want.

I'll pass on that.

...what ever happened to penmanship? I think Facebook, or other internet social networks remove the personal human factor. Just look around here, you may have a bunch of "friends" but the odds of ever talking face to face or receiving a letter -yes, a letter send thru the US mail- are very slim. My friends and I communicate solely via Email now, except for holidays, birthdays or if we go somewhere for vacation were we send post cards or letters. Two years ago one of my dearest childhood friend told me he would only communicate thru Facebook. That really sadden me. I used to get a bunch of letters and post cards, now just a few a year if so...

The fact that facebook actually owns any data you post there has always kept me away from it.

They own your pictures, comments, and any other data they collect from you when you use it.

They can sell or use that data any way they want.

I'll pass on that.
They just recently started using that to their advantage. Too much more of that and I will be deleting my pictures etc.

I have always been pretty careful about what I do and say on FB, but I posted a comment on a page once and saw it later on the news, with my full name. :eek: Hid my profile for a while. It's not that I don't stand by what I say, it's just that I didn't expect that kind of publicity.

I have always been pretty careful about what I do and say on FB, but I posted a comment on a page once and saw it later on the news, with my full name. :eek: Hid my profile for a while. It's not that I don't stand by what I say, it's just that I didn't expect that kind of publicity.

Whaaaaaaaat? Wow!:eek:

Whaaaaaaaat? Wow!:eek:

Yeah, exactly my response. I was a little surprised my husband didn't hear about it from brass, it's probably good I didn't change my name when we married...it was a comment about some events at his department on the police officer association page. Nothing bad or very controversial, just my opinion, but the department tends to frown on opinions. I guess if he wrote it, he'd be knee deep in it right now. Good thing they don't have me on the payroll!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom