Eyes

Que

Does my chamleon appear the be in good health?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 261
It's kinda hard to tell from one small picture.
Can you do close-ups?

What makes you think there may be something wrong with his eyes?

At least in this photo she looks fine, but ifnyou're ever worried providing a little extra water should more than likely fix the problem. So provide a dripper for an hour or two+ daily if you haven't already, or increase the length of your mists a little bit.

Sunken eyes most typically mean a dehydrated animal. But they will sink them in if they are very stressed or in pain/sick, so if you are giving lots of water and one day her eyes are sunken in you might want to go ever everything and make sure that she's ok. Not to scare you, she looks fine, but just so you know what sunken eyes mean.

Thank you. I'm trying to really learn about veiled chamleons with the hopes of breeding.

They do look a tad bit sunken in, but like the previous person said some water will help out with this, overall looks pretty good, how are the urates?

Eyes supplements!

Make sure you are gut loading and or dusting the chams food with suppliments such as repashy

I just got a new mister. And he is pooping everyday and has the white piece on the terd

Veileds eyes can look more sunken than they really are in some photos. She looks fine in this picture. White urates are good. I would mist for longer than 2 mins per day though, so she gets used to the idea of drinking when it 'rains'.
Do you still have only one chameleon? I have been looking at your previous posts and I am a little concerned by the brown teeth too....I've never seen that before :confused:
Anyway, in case you haven't seen it before here is a great all-round caresheet for Veileds which I always recommend - https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleonsinmyhouse/395-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet.html
Also, the zoomed thermometers are usually very inaccurate. A digital one would be much better :)

Veileds eyes can look more sunken than they really are in some photos. She looks fine in this picture. White urates are good. I would mist for longer than 2 mins per day though, so she gets used to the idea of drinking when it 'rains'.
Do you still have only one chameleon? I have been looking at your previous posts and I am a little concerned by the brown teeth too....I've never seen that before :confused:
Anyway, in case you haven't seen it before here is a great all-round caresheet for Veileds which I always recommend - https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleonsinmyhouse/395-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet.html
Also, the zoomed thermometers are usually very inaccurate. A digital one would be much better :)

I agree I took this the other day and his eyes looked really sunken in the pic but I know he's healthy and not dehydrated
ujase2et.jpg

At least in this photo she looks fine, but ifnyou're ever worried providing a little extra water should more than likely fix the problem. So provide a dripper for an hour or two+ daily if you haven't already, or increase the length of your mists a little bit.

Sunken eyes most typically mean a dehydrated animal. But they will sink them in if they are very stressed or in pain/sick, so if you are giving lots of water and one day her eyes are sunken in you might want to go ever everything and make sure that she's ok. Not to scare you, she looks fine, but just so you know what sunken eyes mean.

B I N G O !

I just got a new mister. And he is pooping everyday and has the white piece on the terd

Awesome, the joys of giving them all they want to drink :)

Back
Top Bottom