Eyes suken in

Your welcome. Where are you pulling that temp from, off of the branch below it? Or are you using a temp gun? Make sure you put your hand in under the lamp on the screen if it is hot to you then it has the potential to cause a thermal burn. While we might achieve an accurate temp we have to remember their casque. Your boy happens to have one that stands quite high. So my personal preference for him would be to lift that lamp up off the screen 3-4 inches to ensure that he is not getting too close. 80-85 at basking. It does not need to be on the hot end :)
I'm getting off the branch, the top is bearable for a while but after a while, it starts to get a little toasty, I have my heat bulb in a dome so not sure how i should ago about raising it

I'm getting off the branch, the top is bearable for a while but after a while, it starts to get a little toasty, I have my heat bulb in a dome so not sure how i should ago about raising it
Ok that was what I was worried about. This would be a thermal burn risk for him. so you can either raise it by hooking it up on something else. I have seen people use the shelf brackets for this. Or I bought one of these and petco normally has then in the store as well https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D1BUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s05?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This you need to drill holes in the mounting plate and screw in directly to your cage frame with 1/4 inch screws. I have a clamp lamp but you can use the regular dome that hangs as well.

basking hooked in3.JPG basking hooked in2.JPG

Ok that was what I was worried about. This would be a thermal burn risk for him. so you can either raise it by hooking it up on something else. I have seen people use the shelf brackets for this. Or I bought one of these and petco normally has then in the store as well https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D1BUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s05?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This you need to drill holes in the mounting plate and screw in directly to your cage frame with 1/4 inch screws. I have a clamp lamp but you can use the regular dome that hangs as well.

View attachment 276109 View attachment 276111
Ok! Just ordered one of those today.

Is this from the hydration page?
So he shows how he does it on this page. when you have what going on. Your gradients happen naturally in a cage when it is set up properly.... Most will set there cages up based on his model.

So this is one of my enclosures... left back side has my basking area... this creates a warmer pocket in that corner while the opposite side is cooler. The top half will be warmer but it will also be where the humidity pockets are reduced... As you move down toward the bottom into the plants this creates cooler gradients with areas of higher humidity. In my cages from the basking level down into the plants I get about a 10-15% difference in humidity. I am providing multiple areas for basking for the cham to choose where he wants to be. I am providing multiple gradients not only for heat but for humidity in the cage as well. This allows for when he goes down and tucks himself into his plants to be in areas of higher humidity at night when I am fogging and all lights are off..

Does this make sense?

View attachment 275943
I don't see your basking light?

Alright ive updated my hydration/humidity schedule to this tell me if I need to change anything

At about 8:00am the fogger goes on and I slightly mist the cage, the lights go on and the fogger goes off and than about at 3-5pm the dripper goes on (5pm is when it goes off). I turn the lights off and then after an hour the lights have been off the fogger turns on.
(didnt really know hot to explain it that well- sorry if it was confusing)

Alright ive updated my hydration/humidity schedule to this tell me if I need to change anything

At about 8:00am the fogger goes on and I slightly mist the cage, the lights go on and the fogger goes off and than about at 3-5pm the dripper goes on (5pm is when it goes off). I turn the lights off and then after an hour the lights have been off the fogger turns on.
(didnt really know hot to explain it that well- sorry if it was confusing)
The fogger should run exclusively at night

Back
Top Bottom