Eyes Fogged Over

Woodinville

Both eyes on my male Brev seem to be kind of fogged over. It looks like a dry film. He recently shed his skin, so I'm thinking that his eyes may simply be the last part to shed? Has anyone else come across this? I just don't want to wait if I should act upon a remedy before it's too late. Not sure when the last time he ate was, but he looks healthy otherwise.

My female did this also! She didnt look so good that one day and it continued for part of another day. I misted them really good and I havnt seen it again in her. Very odd.

i know nothing about brevs, but the first question i always ask when eye problems are involved is do you use a cfl ?

I dont....

EDIT: one thing I did notice is that once I covered a good portion of the UVB bulb and made it much darker in there the problem seemed to go away.

I have had far more sucess with Brevs by not having direct UVB on them. They do get some as they are sitting next to cages that do have UVB bulbs.

Perhaps I will change the bulbs....it's getting close to that time. I'll mist his eyes a little more than usual. I have a Mistking, and it goes off twice a day, with a third shorter mist mid day. The other 3 brevs are doing great. What is a CFL?

Back
Top Bottom