Eyes closed and sleeping during the day (help)

Augustine

Ricky bobby started off with one eye closed and never got better even after a vet visit
I was out of town and had my roommate look after Ricky B
When I got back he appeared dehydrated so I spent three days hand dripping lots and lots of water
He ate his normal amount of crickets (about 8ish)
Now he's sleeping in the day won't open his eyes
It's over a WEEK before I can see a vet and I'm extremely worried

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 188
I had the same thing happen to my male veiled named Rango. I brought him to the vet and they gave him anti biotics and eye drops. They rarely survive from this. Sounds like he has a vitamin deficiency you can try a multivitamin and calcium powder with D3 on his crickets. Make sure he has proper lighting with UVB rays and make sure he has tons of water. I'm sorry to hear you have to go through this.

Ricky bobby started off with one eye closed and never got better even after a vet visit
I was out of town and had my roommate look after Ricky B
When I got back he appeared dehydrated so I spent three days hand dripping lots and lots of water
He ate his normal amount of crickets (about 8ish)
Now he's sleeping in the day won't open his eyes
It's over a WEEK before I can see a vet and I'm extremely worried

Sorry to hear your boy is unwell. Sleeping in the day is worrying. I would try to bring your vet visit forward if you can. In the meantime can you fill in the form and we will look at it to see if a change in husbandry may help.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

I had the same thing happen to my male veiled named Rango. I brought him to the vet and they gave him anti biotics and eye drops. They rarely survive from this. Sounds like he has a vitamin deficiency you can try a multivitamin and calcium powder with D3 on his crickets. Make sure he has proper lighting with UVB rays and make sure he has tons of water. I'm sorry to hear you have to go through this.

Please do not say they rarely survive this. Its not true in any way.

Chameleons will shut their eyes for many reasons, fear, illness, light intensity, etc.

To the OP.

Panthers are prone to vitamin A deficiencies though.

What supplements are you using?

What brand is your uvb bulb and how strong is it? how close is it to the cage?

has anything change in his environment that he can see? New plants, new placement of cage, etc.?

What live plants do you have in his cage?

Back
Top Bottom