Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen,60x40x100
Lighting - direct sunlight
Temperature - 60-80
Humidity - 60-90%
Plants - dunno
Location - Indonesia

Current Problem -
he kept his eye bulge sometimes and rub it to the stick? is that okay? it bulges so big. dunno why it happen.

Sounds to me like he needs to be misted more. bulged out eyes tend to mean chams have something in the eye and are trying to get it out. they like to move the eye around to clean them. I am guessing he doesn't get enough water since you said he has white/yellow urates. They should be mostly white, with maybe a little yellow/brown good on the end and then the more solid brown part, which is the poop. You might want to use a misting system. You said he gets sunlight... is he outside in direct sun? Does this mean he gets his water from rain as well? What do you mean by 'bottle' as the waring? Is it a dripper?

i would have to agree with summoner my cham does the same thing once and awhile and i useually give him a good misting and he seems to use the water to clean his eye. i read somewhere that they bulg their eyes to try and move around the water in their eyes to clean them and if they need more water they will bulge their eye more often.

Sounds to me like he needs to be misted more. bulged out eyes tend to mean chams have something in the eye and are trying to get it out. they like to move the eye around to clean them. I am guessing he doesn't get enough water since you said he has white/yellow urates. They should be mostly white, with maybe a little yellow/brown good on the end and then the more solid brown part, which is the poop. You might want to use a misting system. You said he gets sunlight... is he outside in direct sun? Does this mean he gets his water from rain as well? What do you mean by 'bottle' as the waring? Is it a dripper?

in the morning and afternoon i move his cage outside,if it rain i move it to my livingroom. he gets a mineral water everyday. like a sprinkle bottle actually,wanna get misting system,but i still confused what is the best. should i use dripper?

Why? Your chameleon surely would love to get real rain sometimes and it's the easiest way to assure he gets enough water.

dang,it just rained outside and alrd stop,next time i will put him in direct rain. haha thanks man for info

how often are you supplementing with the calcium with d3? If your cham is getting natural sunlight everyday(providing it is direct and not filtered through glass or plastic) you probably don't need to be using much d3 at all. You don't want to overdose on the d3!!! You should be using calcium without d3 at every feeding and also some type of multivitamin a couple times a month.

how often are you supplementing with the calcium with d3? If your cham is getting natural sunlight everyday(providing it is direct and not filtered through glass or plastic) you probably don't need to be using much d3 at all. You don't want to overdose on the d3!!! You should be using calcium without d3 at every feeding and also some type of multivitamin a couple times a month.

twice a week. should buy a calcium w/o D3. dang,its quite expensive here. haha
still wonder why he kept rub it to the stick even i alrd mist it 3-4 a day. every mist take 5 mins. any suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom