Eye problems

Niamhrx

Hi! A few weeks ago I got my first veiled chameleon, he's approximately 3 months old. Over the past few days after he shed, I've noticed that he's rubbing his eyes on my hand or leaves and it then bulges out. He also closes his eye and it still looks like it's moving around inside but when misted he opens them, there is no gunk surrounding his eyes and sometimes they seem to be a little bit glazed. Any ideas on what this could be and what I can do about it? Thanks :)

He's trying to clean his eyes when he's doing that. Make sure you're misting him enough, at least 3x a day 5-10 mins each time and make sure his humidity is adequate. He may have a piece of shed stuck in his eye and inadequate misting and low humidity makes it hard for him get it out and properly clean his eyes. I suggest checking out the care sheets so you can make sure you're taking the best care of him. If he is your 1st cham, don't listen to what the pet store told you, and make sure you're giving him the proper lights and supplements too.

you might want to try giving him a shower, I can't remember if it's called a bath or shower I always call them showers:). Look up how to give them one, I've seen people talk about it on the forums. It will make it easier to clean his eye.

Back
Top Bottom