Eye problems please help!

ydktdborg

I know there are a lot of threads on this and i have read as many as i can.

My panther in the past few days has started to keep his eyes closed and when i go near him and mist him he opens them.

I first thought that he must have had a bit of shedding in his eyes but now he's keeping his eyes closed a lot more and when he tries to open them he can only keep them open for a few seconds.

im wondering if this sounds like an infection or if it could be something in his eyes. The left is worse than his right! Theres no noticeable things that i can tell you about. He still loves to eat and drink but 2day ive had to fed him from my hand.

Im going to get him to a vet but the quickest i can get him there is tuesday.

Thanks for any help!

Normally keeping their eyes closed during the day isn't something wrong with their eyes but something in your husbandry that is making them not feel well. Basically when they start keeping their eyes closed during the day is an early sign that something isn't right. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with any eye problems. See what the vet says and keep us posted.

-chris

Ive given him a good shower for about 15-30mins and i noticed him drinking a lot of water and cleaning his eyes. He also changed to a much brighter colour(dont really know how much that means). He's opening them a lot now and seems to be better but im gona give him a few more showers before i get to the vet!

He still a very active cham and he always wants water no matter how much i give him. Is it possible that he could have something like diabetes?!?

These are about the best pics i could get with my phone. Hope they're ok!

img_0122.jpg

img_0119.jpg

that was the eye that was giving him trouble and he would open.
I was thinking he might be a bit dehydrated but im talking about him wanting water all the time no matter how much water i give him. He's always been like this! I give him water all through out the day!

He doesn't appear to be dehydrated, but his eye does look irritated. It is hard to tell by this photo but the shape of his eye slit looks to me like it is an irritated eye. I would get him some terramycin drops two times a day. And see what the vet says.

-chris

yeh i was originally thought that they looked a bit weird. Are terramycin drops common coz i dont know where to get them from. Do you think i should wait to go to the vets or shall i get them first?!?

Is it a good idea for me to keep giving him showers?!?

By the way thank you for your help!!!

Yea I would give him one a day for now just in case the source of the irritation is something in his eye, not an infection. Terramycin is common here in feed stores (the stores where people go to get horse feed). If you can find Terramycin I would use it because it cannot hurt, but if not don't worry I think he will be ok until Tuesday.

Let us know what the bet says.

-chris

lol i migh have got over excited practicing infront of a bruce lee film!!!

Ok cool i'll try and find it asap.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom