EXPANDING FOAM WALL BONDING AGENT HELP

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi everyone,

As a few of you will of seen I am currently making a bioactive enclosure for my Cham with expanding foam walls. As expected, not all the substrate stuck to the expanding foam; I need a bonding agent. I do have this which is also used as a bonding agent. However, I do not know if this is animal safe and I do not want to use it if I don’t know. It doesn’t mention it on the tin and here is the data sheet but sadly I do not know what I am looking for and I have never used a product like this - it is a sealant. If anyone knows anything at all please can you help me

https://www.sealantsandtoolsdirect.co.uk/pub/pdfs/everbuild-black-jack-901-safety-data-sheet.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_5571.png
    IMG_5571.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 45
I've never used that product before, but for all my bioactive foams walls, I just use clear silicone to attach substrates on them. But with silicone I tend to let it cure or air out for about 1 or 2 days.

I've never used that product before, but for all my bioactive foams walls, I just use clear silicone to attach substrates on them. But with silicone I tend to let it cure or air out for about 1 or 2 days.
Thank you! Sadly with the size the silicone would be too much I’m needing a waterproof bonding agent. I have found this when I search for reptile safe bonding agent. Have you ever seen it?

https://www.diy.com/departments/bos...PDu6yi52rlEQOs8w98hoCwzcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Attachments

• IMG_5592.png
    IMG_5592.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 51
Sorry, I haven't seen or experience anything outside of drylock and silicone. But if you don't mind me asking, how big the enclosure is? and are you planning on making a substrate walls?

Sorry, I haven't seen or experience anything outside of drylock and silicone. But if you don't mind me asking, how big the enclosure is? and are you planning on making a substrate walls?
Ahhh that’s the issue drylok is the goat but to get it here in the UK it costs an absolute fortune and yes I’m wanting to get the substrate onto the walls, its 4 foot tall and 2 foot by 2 foot.

Back
Top Bottom