EXPANDING FOAM WALL - FIRST WALL DONE

jack_wardayyyy

Established Member
Hi everyone!

As some of you will know I’ve been looking into my first bioactive set up and for this I really wanted to do an expanding foam wall. Today I completed the back piece of the wall using logs, coco planting mats and substrate. I have stuck these on using expanding foam and I am waiting for it to further expand and fully cure. In the substrate I used charcoal, bark and the Arcadia Earth mix. Tomorrow in the areas that require a touch I will use primarily live moss and dried sphagnum moss - these will be attached using silicone.

I will attach a few pics now, if anyone has any advice that would be awesome! The next side will have two coco mats and a few branches :)
IMG_5562.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5567.png
    IMG_5567.png
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5568.png
    IMG_5568.png
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5569.png
    IMG_5569.png
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 45
Looking great! I’m excited to see the rest and all put together. :D
IMG_5570.jpeg

Thank you! :) this is what it looks like right now :) excited to shake it off and hopefully just the excess bark comes off! Very happy with how it has gone, put some foam in the branches too and going to pack them with soil and drill a few small holes for drainage and in the whole on the left I am planting a fern and in the smaller holes hopefully a Fittonia but if I can’t fit in I have some carpet and cushion moss :)

View attachment 339041

Thank you! :) this is what it looks like right now :) excited to shake it off and hopefully just the excess bark comes off! Very happy with how it has gone, put some foam in the branches too and going to pack them with soil and drill a few small holes for drainage and in the whole on the left I am planting a fern and in the smaller holes hopefully a Fittonia but if I can’t fit in I have some carpet and cushion moss :)
Looks amazing 👌🏻👌🏻

Yeah should be good We should have a chameleon forum pimp my viv, what you doing with the cushion moss , I've some was maybe going to put on ledges or pots
Awesome I’ll pick some up tomorrow :) my plans for the cushion moss is to put it into the smaller holes on the logs and if there’s any spare I’m going to maybe carve an area it could be planted on the wall if a decent enough divot is created.

I also agree a pimp my viv would be a great page for people to get ideas and also help on products used. Everyone I see is from the US and I’m from the UK and it’s a whole different world of products and I’ve been so fearful in what I use

I hope to get some dragon strand enclosures next year and then try Bioactive with those. I'm sure when I get ready to do it, I'll have a million and a half questions for all of you :ROFLMAO:
It took me awhile to build up enough confidence to try it. I started with one of my leopard gecko tanks as ‘practice’. I love the natural feel of it all. As you can tell from a recent post, I am still hesitant when I find freaky bugs that I didn’t intentionally put there, but I get over my little freak outs. Having the knowledge and support of everyone here helps so much! 😁

It took me awhile to build up enough confidence to try it. I started with one of my leopard gecko tanks as ‘practice’. I love the natural feel of it all. As you can tell from a recent post, I am still hesitant when I find freaky bugs that I didn’t intentionally put there, but I get over my little freak outs. Having the knowledge and support of everyone here helps so much! 😁
Totally! I will probably be the same way to be honest. I did just go bioactive with my superworms and dubia roaches as practice. I want to see what issues I run into with them before I go all out.

Some nice air plants or similar family members would be nice growing out from the moss small accents of colour, run out of space to quickly with a 2x2x4. I'm from the UK
My two of my three " curly slim " airplants are in bloom right now love them greta accent and they love the conditions our chameleons require. Couldn't agree more about running out of space in the 2*2*4.

Back
Top Bottom