ExoTerra door glass to mesh?

Thrunthru

Hello,

I have the Medium/Wide (60 x 45 x 45 cm) ExoTerra's glass terrarium and after reading a couple of articles on the internet, I saw that our Veiled Chameleon needs ventilation. I find that the terrarium top mesh screen and a bit under the doors aren't enough.

Is there a way how we could remove one or both of those glass doors and have there installed screen mesh doors instead?

Why not use a small computer fan on a timer for additional ventilation? Adding screen kinda defeats the theory of the glass enclosure doesn't it?

Hello,

I have the Medium/Wide (60 x 45 x 45 cm) ExoTerra's glass terrarium and after reading a couple of articles on the internet, I saw that our Veiled Chameleon needs ventilation. I find that the terrarium top mesh screen and a bit under the doors aren't enough.

Is there a way how we could remove one or both of those glass doors and have there installed screen mesh doors instead?

you should find that the vents under the doors (not to mention the doors do not seal at the front) with the screen on top will be sufficient for air exchange, given that the heat lamp placed in the back corner will cause a chimney effect (hot air rising will pull in fresh cooler air from below). If this is not sufficient, you could have a glass shop drill a few holes in the lower half of one or both sides and/or the doors

Like what's been said, they are designed for that air flow they need. I think it'd be a better choice to buy a sceeen cage and sell the exo terra if youre worried about it. Im not suggesting you do, I like exos.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371874827.936090.jpg
Here's my exo terra and had for 6 months now with my make veiled in. He's doing great in here there is plenty of ventilation for him for the reason stated before the heat will draw cool fresh air in to the tank.
Anyway he's doing good jus make sure u cum up with a good ideas for drainage if using the exo terra.

I just completed the swap from glass to screen doors. It might not have been necessary but I like to entertain myself with small projects like that. It looks like it was purchased that way. If you're still interested I can do a wright up for you.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371904876.485990.jpg

I just completed the swap from glass to screen doors. It might not have been necessary but I like to entertain myself with small projects like that. It looks like it was purchased that way. If you're still interested I can do a wright up for you.

View attachment 81159

I think many people would be interested in a how to on this. It comes up from time to time. You might create a blog entry about it?

IMO you are removing the main advantage of an Exoterra by adding a fan or screen door.

Exoterras are designed to stabilize temperatures and hold in humidity while allowing adequate air flow.

Jason

View attachment 81159
I cannot see it clearly. Is it possible to have a bigger picture of this, please!? :)

Back
Top Bottom