Exo Terra Natural Terrarium Medium X-Tall

Hey guys just wanted to get your opinions on the Exo Terra Natural Terrarium Medium X-Tall. These are its measurements:

60 x 45 x 90 cm 24” x 18” x 36” (WxDxH)

I found it on sale for a pretty great price and thought it would be very suitable for my veiled chameleon during his juvenile to early adult days, possibly even adulthood. I also want to quickly say, don't tell me I can't house a chameleon in a glass terrarium. Exo Terra is HUGE in Europe for housing chameleons because of their ventilation system. They're also great for maintaining an appropriate level of humidity AND screen cages are incredibly difficult to monitor temperature when you live in Canada and it drops below 60F every night for 8 months on end. I have my baby veiled in an Exo Terra right now (just smaller) and he is doing great!
If I were to get this terrarium, do you think it would be suitable for my cham for quite some time? Possibly even as a permanent home? I know they say it should be 4' tall minimum, but my cham has an entire closet to free range whenever I am home.
Hope to hear from you guys soon! Thanks a ton to those who leave comments and advice!

ventilation is ventilation in my opinion. if you can keep the cage from getting stagnant and moldy. go for it! all glass exo terras would be hell of alot easier to get a drainage system set up for. But I love exo terras so my opinion might be bias and i am a born again newb with chameleons lol.

im personally thinking about getting an exo terra and putting a small computer fan or two on top of the cage to push and pull air out of the cage.

ventilation is ventilation in my opinion. if you can keep the cage from getting stagnant and moldy. go for it! all glass exo terras would be hell of alot easier to get a drainage system set up for. But I love exo terras so my opinion might be bias and i am a born again newb with chameleons lol.

im personally thinking about getting an exo terra and putting a small computer fan or two on top of the cage to push and pull air out of the cage.
Honestly they have perfectly fine ventilation. I know a breeder who always uses exo terra for her chameleons and they are well into their years now. Don't hesitate on an exo terra. Besides, I keep the glass doors open all day anyways because my pothos is over flowing.

Honestly they have perfectly fine ventilation. I know a breeder who always uses exo terra for her chameleons and they are well into their years now. Don't hesitate on an exo terra. Besides, I keep the glass doors open all day anyways because my pothos is over flowing.

don't the chameleon's get out...???

don't the chameleon's get out...???
My pothos droops out of the tank but it doesn't lead anywhere. It's kind of like a mini free range right now. Plus I cup feed and the basking spot isn't by the doors so he doesn't tend even go near the opened doors. I've caught him chilling on the black strip on the front glass panel but he never ventures further.

i agree with you on the glass tank.i keep fred in one aswell due to the cold irish weather.i was actually advised to go for it for this reason(not by the shop either i might add i phoned the reptile zoo for advice on housing etc before i got fred).ventilation wise there grand too mine has a mesh top and a vent system on the front.there great to hold humidity and temperature but the glass can get cold so make sure its not in a draughty spot.i think its a good idea too to put backgrounds on the back and sides to prevent glare and reflection as much as possible.

i agree with you on the glass tank.i keep fred in one aswell due to the cold irish weather.i was actually advised to go for it for this reason(not by the shop either i might add i phoned the reptile zoo for advice on housing etc before i got fred).ventilation wise there grand too mine has a mesh top and a vent system on the front.there great to hold humidity and temperature but the glass can get cold so make sure its not in a draughty spot.i think its a good idea too to put backgrounds on the back and sides to prevent glare and reflection as much as possible.
Same thing happened at the shop with me! I was buying the 18x18x24 and they asked what I was putting in it. I told them my baby veiled cham. and they almost refused to sell my the tank. Started going off on how glass tanks are shunned upon for cham keepers. I walked over to where their chameleon for sale was and pointed at it and said "So you are refusing to sell me a tank, when your chameleon is in THAT!?" (12x12x18 with 1 branch and a fake plant) Needless to say, I stated my case, won, and walked away with my terrarium.
I actually have a rainforest heat pad underneath my tank to help evaporate any water build up and it keeps the air nice and humid and warm. The bottom where the heat pad is ain't even hot to the touch, just warm.

***Going to go get the exo terra med/ x tall 24x18x36 (WxDxH) today.

Same thing happened at the shop with me! I was buying the 18x18x24 and they asked what I was putting in it. I told them my baby veiled cham. and they almost refused to sell my the tank. Started going off on how glass tanks are shunned upon for cham keepers. I walked over to where their chameleon for sale was and pointed at it and said "So you are refusing to sell me a tank, when your chameleon is in THAT!?" (12x12x18 with 1 branch and a fake plant) Needless to say, I stated my case, won, and walked away with my terrarium.
I actually have a rainforest heat pad underneath my tank to help evaporate any water build up and it keeps the air nice and humid and warm. The bottom where the heat pad is ain't even hot to the touch, just warm.

***Going to go get the exo terra med/ x tall 24x18x36 (WxDxH) today.

nice one id love to see a picture of your new tank when its up and running as i dont have much examples to compare my tank set up with to see if im doing ok. i use a heat mat myself just to take the chill from the glass.i put it underneath between the tank and some aero board i didnt like the idea of having it inside the tank in case fred walked on it

nice one id love to see a picture of your new tank when its up and running as i dont have much examples to compare my tank set up with to see if im doing ok. i use a heat mat myself just to take the chill from the glass.i put it underneath between the tank and some aero board i didnt like the idea of having it inside the tank in case fred walked on it
This is my current setup inside the Exo Terra Sri Lanka edition (18x18x24). Live pothos, some exo terra waterproof vines, a few fake shrubs for fillers. It's simple but I like it and Gizmo (veiled) tens to spend a lot of time climbing about the pothos vines and leaves.

DSC_0760-1.jpg

You should raise those vines or add more foliage in the upper of the enclosure. What I do is twist tie thea Pothos vines to the screen and let the rest of the vine droop it adds a lot of coverage. Here is one of my screen enclosures it works the same for exxoterras I think that would finish your enclosure:)

Attachments

• IMAG3111.jpg
    IMAG3111.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 425
Back
Top Bottom