Cages

heatherdh

I have a question I'm looking to get a new cage for my panther chameleon, as I'm based in the uk and my house gets quite cold I'm thinking of getting a hybrid cage would you guys recommend this ---> exo cage

No need for hybrid. Just cover 2-3 sides with a shower curtain or clear plastic. That will keep the heat and humdity in.

Plus most people run the chams too hot anyway. even 18C is find as long as you have a basking area in the low 30's.

I understand the need, but that enclosure is much too small for an adult panther or any adult chameleon. The minimum size you’ll need/want is at least 60x60x 120cm. Screen enclosures are relatively easy to modify according to your needs. As @nightanole has said, shower curtain is one way, another is to attach acrylic panels to the sides needed.

I have a question I'm looking to get a new cage for my panther chameleon, as I'm based in the uk and my house gets quite cold I'm thinking of getting a hybrid cage would you guys recommend this ---> exo cage
Hi and welcome to the forum. When you say your home gets cold how cold, do you have your day a nd night temps for your home, the enclosure you have listed is as mentioned too small, and with yhe exo terra tanks probably mure expensive than a zoo med repti breeze which can be easily adapted to help with both temperatures and humidity, depending apon your budget there also are muji panthers and jungle jims( these are more expensive but worth the money, but a repti breeze is good enough) vivariums, but best to do a run down of things you want along with things you need as everything adds up quickly, , I also live in the uk and had no issues with the repti breeze enclosure,

Hi and welcome to the forum. When you say your home gets cold how cold, do you have your day a nd night temps for your home, the enclosure you have listed is as mentioned too small, and with yhe exo terra tanks probably mure expensive than a zoo med repti breeze which can be easily adapted to help with both temperatures and humidity, depending apon your budget there also are muji panthers and jungle jims( these are more expensive but worth the money, but a repti breeze is good enough) vivariums, but best to do a run down of things you want along with things you need as everything adds up quickly, , I also live in the uk and had no issues with the repti breeze enclosure,
Okay thanks for saying, our house can get down to like 10 degrees which is like 50F, I'll look more into that cage though!

I understand the need, but that enclosure is much too small for an adult panther or any adult chameleon. The minimum size you’ll need/want is at least 60x60x 120cm. Screen enclosures are relatively easy to modify according to your needs. As @nightanole has said, shower curtain is one way, another is to attach acrylic panels to the sides needed.
Okay thank you I'll for a more suitable one! :)

No need for hybrid. Just cover 2-3 sides with a shower curtain or clear plastic. That will keep the heat and humdity in.

Plus most people run the chams too hot anyway. even 18C is find as long as you have a basking area in the low 30's.
Thank you for the tips! I'll see what I can find :)

Back
Top Bottom