Exo Terra Monsoon Rainfall Misting System reviews

jaglon53

Does anyone have experience with this new system im tempted to buy one but want some expert cham keepers opinions! THANKS:)

i have seen the kits in action, they work well in exo terra cages, dunnoabout how well they work in chameleon mesh cages.

but the product from what i have seen is well built.

After seing the Monsoon system in operation at a local reptile show I would stay with a Mist King or similar misting system. With a Mist King you can have a much larger water container, and add many more misting heads than you could with the Monsoon. Much better bang for your buck with Mist king.

Its starting to aggravate me waiting for the monsoon system to be released otherwise it would have been up and running with reviews for you all the minuet i found out about it!

I set mine up this morning and have it in my male and females cages. All I can say is WOW! I've never seen my chams take a shower before! They loved it. Two HUGE thumbs up!!!!!!!!

Ethan! Does it have the ability to suck up water from the terrarium? As in a complete cycle, reseviour, rain, pump out of terrarium and then through a filter or back into reseviour? Pray tell!!!

I wish mist king would make a product like this rather then it being all laid out.

We thought about making enclosures, but the conditions under which our products are used are always different. Idea behind the mistking system is that it will not be showcased, but rather hidden out of sight somewhere. Our customers run these systems off a 55gal drum or 1 gal pail or directly off RO systems. Having everything in an enclosure would hinder a lot of customers.

I came across this pic on another forum. Someone opened their monsoon. These are based on the tiny piston pumps. I agree it's great to look at. I think these guys use the same pump on their system.

101_1552.jpg

No : ( it is just basically a bucket that you fill and run hoses off. If you have glass it includes suction cups but I have open air cages for my chams so I just cut holes in the top and pushed them thru. But I'm telling you I've never seen my chams happier. They both for the 1st time took showers. Best investment so far!

Theres one by Lucky Reptile called super rain and I think that has a filter that creates a complete circuit.

I feel that if you're gonna spend that much on a monsoon, you should just save up for a mist king. It is more complicated to set up but the quality and expandability is what makes it a king. And you can use a huge resoviore and not worry about it for days

good feedback

Anyone else have anymore?
Learned so far uses same motor as mist king and can connect to eight setups.
It is not a full circular filter system but not really worried about that. I would like to see pics of it setup by one of our members and in action though.
THANKS

Anyone else have anymore?
Learned so far uses same motor as mist king and can connect to eight setups.
It is not a full circular filter system but not really worried about that. I would like to see pics of it setup by one of our members and in action though.
THANKS

That is not the same type of pump that Mist King uses.....

The pump in the Exo Terra kit is a piston pump.... There is no motor inside of it. It is really a metal piston surrounded by a magnetic coil with a spring. When the coil is powered the piston slides to one end of a cylinder and when the power is turned off the piston slides back. this happens really fast, and the back and forth motion creates the pressure for the misting system.

Monsoon Master

I bought the system the day after aqua imports got them in, and LOVE it! I have the zoo med reptibreeze screened cage and set up the nozzles in the front corners to spray inwards to the cage. I have plastic plants covering the entire back of the cage to keep all of the moisture in the cage. Herbie (my veiled chameleon about three months old) is not a big fan of any spray on him, but I'm thinking he might still be a bit skiddish and will hopefully learn to love the showering. The monsoon is very easy to use with options of how often you want to cycle and the duration of the cycle. The reservoir is fairly decent sized, and you can always take the hood off and set it onto a larger bucket if you are going out of town for a while. Really great product at a reasonable price if you ask me :)

I bought the system the day after aqua imports got them in, and LOVE it! I have the zoo med reptibreeze screened cage and set up the nozzles in the front corners to spray inwards to the cage. I have plastic plants covering the entire back of the cage to keep all of the moisture in the cage. Herbie (my veiled chameleon about three months old) is not a big fan of any spray on him, but I'm thinking he might still be a bit skiddish and will hopefully learn to love the showering. The monsoon is very easy to use with options of how often you want to cycle and the duration of the cycle. The reservoir is fairly decent sized, and you can always take the hood off and set it onto a larger bucket if you are going out of town for a while. Really great product at a reasonable price if you ask me :)

Show us don't tell us :p

How loud is it when it runs?

I honestly love my ultimate MistKing system, i bought a basic one for my girlfriend, and will be getting another ultimate system for my other herps in the near future. but IMHO whatever you can afford that will properly hydrate your chameleons is a good product to me

Ethan! Does it have the ability to suck up water from the terrarium? As in a complete cycle, reseviour, rain, pump out of terrarium and then through a filter or back into reseviour? Pray tell!!!

please tell me, a novice to all of this, what system does all of the above that you are talking about in your post plus some sort of video that explains it all as well. thx

Back
Top Bottom