exo terra incubator sucks

coastal_chameleon

Avid Member
my exo terra incubator wont drop in temps !!! its getting up to 87* !! I don't wanna try incubating in the closet as temps drop to 63 at night and 83 during the day ! I need something more reliable and consistent !!! what incubator should I get !!!!!

Last edited:
You get what you pay for with incubators.
Can they retro fit it with a sous vide regulator?

I was thinking if the incubator can be set to "always on even in the event of power outage" and then controlled with a sous vide 120v controller + probe, it would be very accurate.

Something like a WILLHI WH1436A or Inkbird ITC-306 that can keep a crock pot +-1c.

I was thinking if the incubator can be set to "always on even in the event of power outage" and then controlled with a sous vide 120v controller + probe, it would be very accurate.

Something like a WILLHI WH1436A or Inkbird ITC-306 that can keep a crock pot +-1c.
I honestly don’t know but on the surface it sounds like a damn good idea!

I never used a store bought incubator and I hatched lots of chameleons, water dragons, cone heads, tortoises/turtles, geckos etc. It was a wood and screen frame that fit over the old fashioned people's heating pad (the kind that don't shut off). I kept it in the dark in the bedroom. Cheap and effective.

I just used a sous vide to cook steak, reading this sounded morbid at first lol.

I’ve used the hovabator for leopard geckos and bearded dragons, worked great. Just add a good thermometer and adjust. They hold the desired heat well.

Back
Top Bottom