excited

I'm excited for you Sandra. You deserve a new cham. :) I can't wait until you share your new chameleon with us.

Its a little male veiled. and my First time having a veiled. :)
I'll be sure to post a photo after he settles in a bit.

You are going to love a veiled. They are so sweet and so friendly as long as you don't cage them. I have notice that many become cage aggressive.
My veileds have had the best personalities of any of my chameleons.

mine has to be caged, not feasible to do anything else for climate and space and safety resons. but like my panthers he'll get free-range time in a big ficus tree (indoors) and calm interaction. hopefully that will keep him tolerant of m presence and even occasional gentle handling. the vast majority of my panthers haven't been aggressive towards me, so I'm hopeful this little fellow will be equally tame. But if not, that's okay too. I can still enjoy him from distance :)

I forgot how much little growing chameleons eat. What a piglet!

he started eating within an hour of entering his new cage, and has hardly stopped since.
Today alone he ate: 2 med crickets, 4 smallish mealworms, 2 baby superworms (the size of a full grown mealworm each), 2 terrestrial isopods, 3 dubia nymphs, 1 hisser nymph, and 2 small butterworms.

mine has to be caged, not feasible to do anything else for climate and space and safety resons. but like my panthers he'll get free-range time in a big ficus tree (indoors) and calm interaction. hopefully that will keep him tolerant of m presence and even occasional gentle handling. the vast majority of my panthers haven't been aggressive towards me, so I'm hopeful this little fellow will be equally tame. But if not, that's okay too. I can still enjoy him from distance :)

he started eating within an hour of entering his new cage, and has hardly stopped since.
Today alone he ate: 2 med crickets, 4 smallish mealworms, 2 baby superworms (the size of a full grown mealworm each), 2 terrestrial isopods, 3 dubia nymphs, 1 hisser nymph, and 2 small butterworms.

What a hungry little guy! haha. Sounds like my little whites tree frogs, they just cant seem to get enough!

I'm sure he will do fine with some out of the cage time. For sure you will get to him through his stomach with that large variety of feeders. :D Veileds love to eat and the female love to eat even more than the males and act like they are starving all the time. My new little male veiled Sage will be 3 months old Friday and eats 16 to 18 small feeders a day and has a BIG belly. I am going to start cutting him back just a little next week.

How old is your little one? I can wait to see pictures. Having a little one in the house is so much fun. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Congratulations Sandra on your new chameleon :)
He is lucky to have found his way to your home.

Sandra, can I name him?
Can I name him Gowron?

LOL isnt that a Klingon name? Considering the brow ridges, maybe that's not such a bad idea. Was Gowron a fat Klingon? I think I'm going to have trouble not over feeding this little guy.

What a hungry little guy! haha. Sounds like my little whites tree frogs, they just cant seem to get enough!
Ya I hear you. I definately overfeed my White's. It seem almost impossible for me not to - they always seem so hungry (yet their fat rolls are nearly covering their ears). My White's tree frogs are named: Fat, Fatter, Fatty McFatterson, and Goliath. LOL

Last edited:
Congrats! Wheres these pics?!?

I'll take some soon. :)

... My new little male veiled Sage will be 3 months old Friday and eats 16 to 18 small feeders a day and has a BIG belly. I am going to start cutting him back just a little next week.
How old is your little one? I can wait to see pictures. Having a little one in the house is so much fun. Enjoy!

Mine is supposedly one month old, but he looks twice that to me. Seems like he's going to be rotund like your Sage. ;)

I am glad your little one arrived safe. It seems to me all baby chams are total pigs and total charmers.

thanks! Happily he didnt have far to travel - the breeder lives within an hour of me so he was personally delivered :)

Congratulations Sandra on your new chameleon :)
He is lucky to have found his way to your home.

thanks!

Ya I hear you. I definately overfeed my White's. It seem almost impossible for me not to - they always seem so hungry (yet their fat rolls are nearly covering their ears). My White's tree frogs are named: Fat, Fatter, Fatty McFatterson, and Goliath. LOL

Haha, they just look at you with those hungry eyes! Mine tried to eat me once, I had a roach in my hand on the way to the food bowl and one just went for it and my finger too. They are so crazy.

Back
Top Bottom