Eustis 1 year anniversary with me is coming up!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
He’s 56 grams now and still growing, he’s eating out of my hand now and just thriving! I’m so proud of him! I couldn’t have done it without you all! Last time I had Jackson’s 26 years ago they didn’t last but a year and it was a constant battle with infections and all sorts of medical problems and I gave up keeping them thinking they were better off in the wilds of Africa. Of course we didn’t have the info and equipment then that we have now. Thank you Mendez, Kaizen, Jacksjill, missskittles, beman, and all the rest that have helped me this past year!! I so appreciate you all! Eustis and I couldn’t have done this without you!

Oh my goodness! The growth you and Eustis have both undergone in one year is incredible! His increasing size and your increasing understanding of chameleons have been a joy to watch. I am thankful that you joined the forums. And I think I speak for everyone that has helped you: you are a model student. You ask questions and actually listen! Eustis is living the good life because of YOU! He could have easily been snagged by some other person who doesn't listen to others.

Anyways, I'm glad you and Eustis have made it a year! You guys are very special!

Oh my goodness! The growth you and Eustis have both undergone in one year is incredible! His increasing size and your increasing understanding of chameleons have been a joy to watch. I am thankful that you joined the forums. And I think I speak for everyone that has helped you: you are a model student. You ask questions and actually listen! Eustis is living the good life because of YOU! He could have easily been snagged by some other person who doesn't listen to others.

Anyways, I'm glad you and Eustis have made it a year! You guys are very special!
Thank you Mendez!!

Here’s a couple pics I just took. he’s holding his belly in because I’m stressing him out with the camera. He isn’t normally this skinny. He also has a small white spot on this side of his body that I can’t figure out what it is. It kinda looks like stuck shed but he hasn’t shed in a few months so I’m not sure. I’m waiting for him to shed again. Anyway here he is! Also a new pic of his enclosure with his new ficus tree I found a couple months ago.

Attachments

• 0EC7AAEC-9718-4E71-BAAC-0CDFE6CD865B.jpeg
    0EC7AAEC-9718-4E71-BAAC-0CDFE6CD865B.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 44
  • E37604FD-4C54-4B9E-8C8D-DFCB60FBD092.jpeg
    E37604FD-4C54-4B9E-8C8D-DFCB60FBD092.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 45
  • B0A77313-7BD5-4CAD-BD29-E92EE660D12B.jpeg
    B0A77313-7BD5-4CAD-BD29-E92EE660D12B.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 46
Yes, I remember! You’ll have to post some pictures to! Happy anniversary!
For sure!

I know your little guy is naturally very shy. Has he acclimated to you at all? As much as a little chameleon can acclimate to a person at least, haha. Didn’t you say he came from Petco? He is so, so lucky to have ended up with you, Linda!!

He’s 56 grams now and still growing, he’s eating out of my hand now and just thriving! I’m so proud of him! I couldn’t have done it without you all! Last time I had Jackson’s 26 years ago they didn’t last but a year and it was a constant battle with infections and all sorts of medical problems and I gave up keeping them thinking they were better off in the wilds of Africa. Of course we didn’t have the info and equipment then that we have now. Thank you Mendez, Kaizen, Jacksjill, missskittles, beman, and all the rest that have helped me this past year!! I so appreciate you all! Eustis and I couldn’t have done this without you!
Congrats to a dedicated mom and a beautiful boy

For sure!

I know your little guy is naturally very shy. Has he acclimated to you at all? As much as a little chameleon can acclimate to a person at least, haha. Didn’t you say he came from Petco? He is so, so lucky to have ended up with you, Linda!!
He has acclimated to me some in that he will take a wax worm from my hand but that’s it. I took him outside to sit on a tree a couple weeks ago and he dug my arm with his claws and my arm swelled and I had red welts. I’m a pretty allergic person so I think I had an allergic reaction to his scratches. I had to let that settle and it’s taken a couple weeks for it to go away. I think if I could take him outside on a regular basis he would stop being so aggressive with his claws.

Some of mine are fine till they get about 6 ft away from cage. Then they lower down and hang on tighter. Only 1 is fine away from cage. They do like it once they get to tree.

Back
Top Bottom