Ethan How to ask for help part 1.

Ethan

Your Chameleon - The species,- VC - sex, -Male -and age of your chameleon. -6months-How long has it been in your care? -5months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? -Never
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? -crickets silk super wax worms- What amount? 3-5 a day. What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? -turnip and mustard greens
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with - calcium daily multi vit. Dust twice a month and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? - mist 1 to 2 a day and drip about 16 oz. Daily. How often and how long to you mist? -1 to 2 times a day for 30 seconds.Do you see your chameleon drinking? -no
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. -white to black Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No

you should use rep cal with d3 twice a month and what do you gutload your crickets with? is your cage and lighting in part two?

Ethan part 2

of me

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? -48x24x24.

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? - zoomed PowerSun heat/UVB

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? -95 high 75 low - overnight 65 low. Measured with 2 digital therm.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? -40% humidity

How are you creating and maintaining these levels? - spraying down cage.

What do you use to measure humidity? Zoomed humidity reader.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? -plastic
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? No. At what height is the top of the cage

ive heard bad things about the heat uvb combos mainly eye problems i use a 5.0 reptisun for uvb -linear and a 40 watt bulb for heat whats the problem with him?

Ethan part 3

relative to your room floor? 7ft.
Location - Where are you geographically located? St. Louis MO.
Problem: poor eater poor drinker.

i see your gutloding mustard greens and turnips i try to use as many ingrediants as possible in both my dry and wet gut loads as far as not eating my veileds around that age and he eats 6-8 a day depending on size of feeders the only time he refuses too eat is when hes coming into a shed he gets pretty grumpy:eek: i would post a pic of your set up and cham and maybe someone else has more info on your type of lighting:)

Combo bulbs

As far as what I remember from what I've been reading, the issue with those combo bulbs isn't an eyesight thing ( that's the compact spiral uvb) it's more an issue of they can't choose to regulate their exposure like they could wig two separate heat & UVB bulbs. If they need UVB, they have to stay in the heat, and if they need heat, they have to stay under the UVB. If theres two bulbs, they could go to other side to get UVB but not heat, etc.
I'm no expertt of course, but that's what I remember reading somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom