Escaped All Summer

CasqueAbove

Chameleon Enthusiast
So it has been a while since I posted, been going through some things. But anyway I have a story. So going through rough divorce and was unable to give regular care to my remaining 3 females. Wife did not care and did not secure there cages. By some time in April all had escaped, I was not able to get enough access to search for them, though I tried when I could. I was heart broken and felt terrible. Well fast forward to 4 days ago November, so like 6 to 7 months, and I get a call someone had found one of my girls. The next three days the other two showed up. They had each been in their own tree and all came down as temps hit the thirties. They then seem to follow natural behavior and came down looking for shelter. The are all showing gravid colors and look great. I have found a home for one. I am living in a trailer at the moment and made space for my original female. So now I need to find a home for the third. There is a pretty good local shop that I am hoping will take her.

It seems a year of living wild in Oregon has done them well. Glad I found all three healthy and before the freeze really set in.
IMG_0636.jpg IMG_0637.jpg

So it has been a while since I posted, been going through some things. But anyway I have a story. So going through rough divorce and was unable to give regular care to my remaining 3 females. Wife did not care and did not secure there cages. By some time in April all had escaped, I was not able to get enough access to search for them, though I tried when I could. I was heart broken and felt terrible. Well fast forward to 4 days ago November, so like 6 to 7 months, and I get a call someone had found one of my girls. The next three days the other two showed up. They had each been in their own tree and all came down as temps hit the thirties. They then seem to follow natural behavior and came down looking for shelter. The are all showing gravid colors and look great. I have found a home for one. I am living in a trailer at the moment and made space for my original female. So now I need to find a home for the third. There is a pretty good local shop that I am hoping will take her.

It seems a year of living wild in Oregon has done them well. Glad I found all three healthy and before the freeze really set in.
View attachment 331543View attachment 331544
So sorry this must have been horribly traumatic. But it is a miracle the tough little gals could fend for themselves! So glad they are back

Wow what a blessing to have found these girls before the frost set in. Hopefully a sign that things will get better for you soon!

Sorry that all of this happened and that you’ve been having a rough time. But it’s amazing and wonderful that your little beauties have been found and are okay. I’m sure they had a good time living like the wild chams do and the all-you-can-catch bug buffet. Hoping that this is just the first of very many good things for you. 💗

Bittersweet. I'm glad you were/are able to part with them on your own terms this time. I'm sorry for your life circumstances. But just know that there is a community here that cares for you. You are not a nobody.

Even though you won't have chameleons anymore, don't be a stranger. I'm barely on here anymore, despite having more chameleons than ever, but it makes me happy to see the usual suspects.

Really sorry for your situation and everything that happened to you and your chams. Luckily you found them (and what a story) and you’re back at CF, we did mis you in our community. Hopefully, things from now on will be positive 🍀

So happy to hear that you have had some good come out of a hard situation. I really hope things turn around for you. Glad you get to keep one. I know how hard it is when life throws you a curve ball and you have to rehome your babies. Not easy. ♥️

You really are going through it. :(So glad you got some good news and all your girls were found! Veiled chams consistently surprise me by escaping and surviving in a climate most would assume aren’t suitable. I’ve heard several stories of veileds getting out and being found safe and alive well after the fact. Tough little beasts

Back
Top Bottom